Really scared myself today

Options
BlueFox
BlueFox Posts: 15,251
I turned my amps on this morning so that they would be warmed up for music tonight. Earlier I was cleaning, and tried dusting the stereo power cords where they enter the wall socket. I accidentally bumped the right cord, got a spark, and the right amp went off. Nor would it power on. Oh man, please don't be broke, I was thinking. I unplugged the amp from the top of the socket, and moved the plug to the bottom part of the socket. This is a dedicated line with only this one socket. Anyway, now the amp turned on. Whew! Not sure what happened, but as long as it works I am happy. Now I can't wait for music and beer starting at 6 PM. :)
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Whoa! Glad it all worked out. Curious to see what happened to the socket. You gonna pop it out and take a look?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • BlueFox
    Options
    No. As long as it works I am happy.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »

Well I would at least plug the amp back into it to see if it works in that part of the socket. If it don't I'd be leery as it could now be a fire hazard. Either way I would get a good look at it. WTH were you using carbon fiber bristle duster?

Unplugging it may of just reset the amp or like I said you could have bigger problems
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    You need to take better care of my gear....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Well I would at least plug the amp back into it to see if it works in that part of the socket. If it don't I'd be leery as it could now be a fire hazard. Either way I would get a good look at it. WTH were you using carbon fiber bristle duster?

Unplugging it may of just reset the amp or like I said you could have bigger problems

Yes, I agree, but Sunday. Now I just want to play music and drink beer. It sounds great, and seems to be working fine.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Can’t be any worse than the tunes you pump thru it Bud....
  • BlueFox
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »

Yes, now that I’ve finished dinner and cleaning it’s time to switch from this to something that Rocks.

p5nxdutziuo6.png

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    Moral of the story: No more cleaning, Bud!
  • BlueFox
    Options
    LOL. I wish. Now that I am retired I find myself spending more time cleaning. :)

The real answer is no more that two cats. I currently have four, and the dust from the litter boxes is the major issue. Since they are all healthy I expect at least a few more years of this fun.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    edited August 2019
    Options

Don't listen to him, Bud, I'm with you all the way! ;)

7gncHq4.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • BlueFox
    Options
    Thanks. Not sure if he is serious, or facetious, but I do ignore nonsense. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    Options
    He's serious about he feels about the music in question but he's just joking around. No ill intent.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    All in good fun Bud. You have a dream setup that pushes the limits of most any other system We Polkies have, and your music choices are just so atypical of audiophile circles. You do you Bud. No ill will meant at all.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    LOL. I wish. Now that I am retired I find myself spending more time cleaning. :)

The real answer is no more that two cats. I currently have four, and the dust from the litter boxes is the major issue. Since they are all healthy I expect at least a few more years of this fun.

Here's a redneck but effective solution if you have a chimney nearby. I used a 2'' vacuum hose line and piped it into my 3 story high chimney cleanout where there's always a good updraft. I've never smelled cat urine or had a dust problem. The updraft also keeps the litter dry so I only need to clean the box every 6 weeks or so for my 1 indoor cat.
    jwzhxllz1ag6.jpg

• BlueFox
    Options
    Still working fine. Nothing is hot, or showing some other issue. Guess the Pass protection circuitry works as designed.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BMF35
    BMF35 Posts: 86
    Options
    Or simply try some of that new "dustless litter"?!
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options

Yes, now that I’ve finished dinner and cleaning it’s time to switch from this to something that Rocks.

p5nxdutziuo6.png

At least we can see you sure ain't a High Res Snob like me😂😂😂🎩🎩
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!