Subwoofer cable question

MarkPanaMarkPana Posts: 4
Ok guys happy to be here.

First question:

I am current running an Audioquest HawkEye as my subwoofer cable and truly love it. But i have always want to try the Audioquest Sub-3 or the Newer Husky. I have a Sub-1 and i like the HawkEye, bass seems tighter and more musical with less overhang. Sure that is do that Audioquest wonder PSS conductors vs. The 2.5% silver plated copper of the Sub-1 as my VDM-5 (also PPS) had about the same advantage over the Sub-1 just not as much as the HawkEye.

The Sub-3 have DBS as the Hawkeye and using 21awg 6.1% silver plated copper conductors vs the HawkEye 24awg PSS (Perfect Surface Silver).

I finally found a deal on a Sub-3 and wondering if i would be going backwards.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Comments

• sgmsmgsgmsmg Posts: 384
    Isn’t the HawkEye a digital cable? Designed for passing a digital signal as opposed to the Sub-3 which is design for an analog signal. Not sure what difference they will actually have but...
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 4B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65-Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Yamaha CX-A5100
    Amp: Parasound A21, A31, A51
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB13 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Rocket 88, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7
    Power: PS Audio P5 Regenerator, Furman IT Reference 15i, Pangea AC14SE and AC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR75X940D
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,710
    Isn’t the HawkEye a digital cable?

Yep!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MarkPanaMarkPana Posts: 4
    From my understanding it has no bearing on the signal. The Hawk is a 75Ω coax cable which a lot of High End DIY IC are and even more so High End factory IC are. So it being list as ditigal cable doesn't effect the signal transfer.