Blu Tack for Monitors

Options
kevhed72
kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
edited July 2019 in Speakers
Sooo....who is using it and what have been the results? Also, how much did you use on each corner of each stand? Im trying it out now but the jury is still out....thanks!

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Have never had a problem on LSi7
    Strip front to back on both the left and right side or on wall mounts

No problem removing 3 years later
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    I've used it before for small bookshelf speakers that I wanted to couple to speaker stands so they would not move or fall off. Be careful with it as it can stain and rip off thin laminate over time the same as it can pull paint off a wall when it's removed. It is a synthetic rubber compound so can dampen vibrations but I don't think the small amounts used really do anything good or bad. A small amount is all I used. I would not bother using it for larger monitor speakers since those don't tend to move on the stands I have.
  • Braddles63
    Braddles63 Posts: 184
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I have always used it on many different standmount speakers over the years. I used 4 decent size balls in the the corners of the stand top plate and sometimes in the middle too if the speaker was larger. If you have good stands that are free from vibration i see this as another great isolating method while also securing the speaker to the stand to help prevent accidents.