The Evolution of HT.

Options
HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    Yes, that was a cool read! I went through a lot of that stuff - Hi-Fi VCRs and plain old Dolby Surround... 4 tracks in 2! Too bad The Pleasure Center didn't stick!
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Yes, that was a cool read! I went through a lot of that stuff - Hi-Fi VCRs and plain old Dolby Surround... 4 tracks in 2! Too bad The Pleasure Center didn't stick!

Ohh yes I remember getting the Radio Shack Pro-Logic Decoder Amplifier.

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/radioshack/pro-logic-decoder-amplifier.shtml

HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I was on the wagon in about 78 or 79.

I financed a Yamaha Dolby pro logic integrated and a BEAUTIFUL Sony XBR 21" er.

Along with...

I also had a Mitsubishi VHS hifi tape player that weighed 40 lbs and had one of the most sophisticated abilities known to man. :D

Fisher speakers. The semi-cheap ones.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.