Jimmy Buffett Cincinnati (52 concerts performed at this venue)

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA

Comments

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,261
    I am a Parrothead but did not go to this concert. Too far at my age.

I have been to many of his concerts over the years beginning at a small auditorium on the Berkley campus in 1976 before the crowds grew so large. I was in SF on business and saw a small poster on a light post advertising the concert. I had heard one of his albums at the time. I was hooked.

A second generation Parrothead friend of mine took his truck to a concert in Atlanta several years ago and filled it with water after taking the sand out for the beach. Here is a picture of the same in Cincy.

kf800qd48soj.jpg

https://local12.com/news/local/parrot-heads-to-celebrate-40th-anniversary-of-fins-at-jimmy-buffett-concert

Jimmy Buffett is a money making MACHINE!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,845
    I can remember seeing him at the Bull&Whistle on Duval in KW for no cover...probably summer of 75...he has written a few novels as well all easy reads...all centered in the tropics.....quite partial to his early albums though ....
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,258
    Back in the late 90's about a dozen of us would go to the Buffet Fest at the outdoor Cynthia Mitchell Woods Pavilion. One of the guys was a 60's convertible collector and would pull out 2-3 of the cars and we would all drive out together, pimped out in beach and Hawaiian wear.

It was always a great fun show. One of the few concerts where the ages were 8-80. We did this for 5-6 years, good times!!
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,261
    I am partial to the early albums too. My favorite songs are usually the ones that are not widely known.

Harry / Marietta GA