Rogue audio Mono blocs with LSi’s

acmf74
acmf74 Posts: 936
Hi all

I wanted to know if anyone had experience with Rogue mono-blocks (120 or 180) and LSi 15s?

Would these Amps have enough power to run them efficiently?

Use would be for HT and music.

TIA

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I have the M-120. They have held up against any Infinity RS series I've thrown at them.
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    Yes!!!
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Nice amps... go for it.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    edited July 2019
    I had a pair of m120’s that were upgraded to m180’s. They were nice but I found two issues with them.

They ran to hot for my listening room. The heat in Texas and the amps just did not work for me.

I could also push them to the extreme where they would start to compress the soundstage.

Don’t get me wrong they were very good when the volume was kept to a moderate level in the winter.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    I've had stock 180s for 5 yrs now. However, no experience with them and the LSi's.

I've never noticed them running hot until this summer. I normally don't listen in the daytime, but this summer I have, a lot! Like 10-12 hours a day.

For my smallish listening space, they have tons of power feeding Salk HT2-TLs

The only critique would be that the noise floor could be lowered

That said, after 5 yrs. I'm ready for a change and will put these in the flea market

ps If you space rack is not large, these have a fairly large footprint, IMHO 7x14x20 deep.

I have them mounted sideways on the top shelf so I can see the glow of the tubes and adjust bias easily. Installed straight ahead, the tubes are concealed and bias meter not readily accessible
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 675
    Salks are great , eh ?

Bk
    Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Cambridge Audio 851n - sitting in the closet , for now

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM