Rogue audio Mono blocs with LSi’s

acmf74acmf74 Posts: 865
Hi all

I wanted to know if anyone had experience with Rogue mono-blocks (120 or 180) and LSi 15s?

Would these Amps have enough power to run them efficiently?

Use would be for HT and music.

TIA

Comments

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,396
    Yes!
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,396
    I have the M-120. They have held up against any Infinity RS series I've thrown at them.
  • dhart86dhart86 Posts: 1,530
    Yes!!!
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,809
    Nice amps... go for it.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • tratlifftratliff Posts: 774
    edited July 14
    I had a pair of m120’s that were upgraded to m180’s. They were nice but I found two issues with them.

They ran to hot for my listening room. The heat in Texas and the amps just did not work for me.

I could also push them to the extreme where they would start to compress the soundstage.

Don’t get me wrong they were very good when the volume was kept to a moderate level in the winter.
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, 2 REL Carbon Limited, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Technics RS-1500, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection (Furutech) Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection (Furutech) Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables

Theater
    Yamaha RX-Z9, Legacy Focus SE (same as 2 Channel system), Def Tech C/L/R 2500, Def Tech BP-2X, Def Tech Pro-Monitors, Vizio M-75

Office
    Teac NP-H750, Parasound Ztuner, Audio Engine P4N, Grado SR80, Grado iGrado, Audio-Technica ATH-M50, PC running High Rez files

Living Room
    Yamaha YSP-4100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 60"

Bed Room
    Yamaha YSP-5100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 70"

• GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 1,975
    I've had stock 180s for 5 yrs now. However, no experience with them and the LSi's.

I've never noticed them running hot until this summer. I normally don't listen in the daytime, but this summer I have, a lot! Like 10-12 hours a day.

For my smallish listening space, they have tons of power feeding Salk HT2-TLs

The only critique would be that the noise floor could be lowered

That said, after 5 yrs. I'm ready for a change and will put these in the flea market

ps If you space rack is not large, these have a fairly large footprint, IMHO 7x14x20 deep.

I have them mounted sideways on the top shelf so I can see the glow of the tubes and adjust bias easily. Installed straight ahead, the tubes are concealed and bias meter not readily accessible
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Salk SuperCharged Surrounds
    Source PSA PWT into NSD Supremo
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Center Salk HT2C
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Wires WW & MIT
  • gyosagyosa Posts: 151
    Salks are great , eh ?

Bk
    Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50, PS Audio 4.6 , Polk SDA 1c’s , Sony 42” - bedroom

B&K EX-442 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - pool

PS Audio Stellar S300 ,Yamaha wxc-50 , Salk Supercharged Songtowers
    Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - den

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - patio