Coax Analog to HDMI Converter

Options
I find Digital to Analog converters are common, but not the other way.

Mom's house has DirecTV, but not yet HD. (Sister's in charge there. Don't ask.)
Took a newer TV, but it only has HDMI and Component inputs. Need a box that will convert the analog SD coax video on a single channel (don't know channel number) to HDMI or Component. Channel switching is controlled with remote from central house DVR on a single channel to the remote TVs.

Anyone have one or know of one they'd recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
​Thompson Adventures, Inc.

Comments

• CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,026
    Options
    If it's not clear from my description, the DirecTV remote will control the analog channel sent from the central DVR. The device I seek will need its own tuner (for a channel that could be as high as 199) to convert that analog channel on coax to HDMI or component outputs for HDMI or component inputs on the TV. (Yes, I know component isn't digital.)

Targeted a plasma screen for her diminished vision. Somehow arrived at a pro panel without analog tuner or even coax input. Took it to her house in April over 300 miles from me but I'll be there again soon.

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    eSynic SDI to HDMI Converter Mini 3G SDI HDMI Adapter - Full HD 1080P SDI to HDTV Audio Converter - Supports HD-SDI, SD-SDI and 3G-SDI Signals Display on HDMI Monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GHF5RVI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ejjiDbHPKB6MJ
  • CGTIII
    Options
    Thanks Joe. That one doesn't have required tuner for analog channel though.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Wouldn't the simpler solution be to upgrade the direct tv box to digital ? I think for what your trying to do will create some handshake issues. Talk to your sister and get her onboard.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Options
    I thought direct TV stopped broadcasting in analog (or will do it soon) and forced everyone to upgrade to digital. I would check when your moms service will be cut off before you do anything.

I think they will swap your antenna for free but you will probably get a few additional fees added to your monthly bill. I also heard they are overselling their options and upgrades.
  • CGTIII
    edited July 2019
    Options
    No doubt digital is the way to go. I've told sister twice that DirecTV will soon stop offering SD and would upgrade them to HD for free. Their last analog satellite is due to fall any day now. I'm just trying to help Mom asap since her Parkinson's doesn't leave her much more time at home. Appreciate the suggestions but getting sister onboard with anything I suggest doesn't happen anymore. :-|

• Bablosik
    Options
    Have you tried contacting a provider company?