PSW505 - Power LED goes to yellow/red LED and will not work

Hello,

I'm a first time poster, and my home audio subwoofer (PSW505) is the only experience I have with Polk audio products.

I recently was wanting to test a new audio program, Tidal, due to their 'lossless audio' files, but noticed my subwoofer would randomly pop at not even a medium volume. I looked at the back, made sure the volume was set, and the crossover was set where I needed it, and noticed every time the bass hit, the green power LED would go to yellow, then red. After recycling power, changing some settings on my receiver, now it will not even go green OR yellow...it stays red the whole time.

My guess (from limited experience) is maybe a capacitor went bad and it can't hold the voltage needed to output the power? Or the whole control panel went bad?

Is there anything I can do on my end to fix my subwoofer, or is it essentially a boat anchor at this point?

Thank you,
J.B.

Comments

• jbwhite85
    jbwhite85 Posts: 3
    Bump. I sent an email to customer service, but have not heard anything from them. Are there any customer service reps on this forum?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    jbwhite85 wrote: »
    Bump. I sent an email to customer service, but have not heard anything from them. Are there any customer service reps on this forum?

Not any more. Sorry, but this forum has been pretty abandoned by Polk and united sound...

You probably have to get a new amp, but ordering one from Polk will not be worth it. You could order an amp from parts express, but I’m not sure if any are a perfect fit. Best bet is to start saving for a new one...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer