LOUDER

Options
I have my Polk soundbar and satellite wireless speakers set up with sonic view projector a Cambridge CXU BLU TAY and screen in home cinema room. Very nice IT IS TOO except ID LIKE IT LOUDER.
Would booking it up/ thru/with give it more ... oomph, or ‘welly’ ?

Comments

• iamgavin2
    iamgavin2 Posts: 9
    Options
    Sorry I meant blu ray and hooking it up through an AV RECEIVER ... doh!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Depending on the model you have, I suspect not since the bar is self powered and therefore external amplification won't do anything for it. Time to step into separates, especially if you're trying to pressurise any sizeable room, a sound bar just doesn't have the necessary surface area to get it done.
  • iamgavin2
    Options
    Gah...NOW I find out. That’s gonna be a lot of rewiring ... I’m thinking
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Welcome to Club Polk, today's lesson... ALWAYS do your research BEFORE you make your purchase.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Yeah but at least their purchase got them here to learn that lesson. :)
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    You have a home cinema room and didn't think to wire it for at least 5.1 Dolby?
    Tsk tsk, for shame.... LOL

Don't sweat the small stuff, if you have a decent AVR you can always upgrade in small steps. If the AVR has preouts, better still.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    edited June 2019
    Options
    iamgavin2 wrote: »
    Gah...NOW I find out. That’s gonna be a lot of rewiring ... I’m thinking

what is the model # of the soundbar???

I am guessing you do not currently have an AVR? If that is the case, unfortunately you basically have to start from scratch, but that is the only way to get what you want!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • iamgavin2
    Options
    Polk audio magnifi - sound seems considerably louder with actual blu ray. AVR I don’t even know what it is , a receiver I’m guessing. My beloved did most of work on install while I was ill, very much appreciated and I’m being greedy really it’s more awesome than I have a right to expect really! :-)
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    AVR = audio video receiver.

Source volume will have a significant effect on output volume.