Luxman?

Jimbo18
Jimbo18 Posts: 2,309
I asked the seller what the speakers are and he said Yamaha and Luxman. This is the only picture he posted. Everything being sold together.

9s85z4px5702.jpg

Anyone recognize anything there? Luxman was considered pretty good stuff at one time, I think.

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    For some reason I feel the front set of speakers looks like the Boston Acoustics badge. Could be totally off base. Maybe A40s?

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Bottom piece of gear is luxman. I agree that the speakers in the front look to be Bostons.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited June 2019
    Denon tuner on top, Luxman integrated on bottom. Agree with BA speakers in front. Looks like there is a VHS in there as well. The Luxmans were nice sounding, but, seems I remember them having some minor quality issues in early-mid 90's.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I have a Luxman TP-114 (now a spare) Tuner/Pre, and it works great. I may end up putting it into the garage rig.

I believe at that time (mine is the same era) Luxman/Alpine had merged.

ke9rpboex1zl.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Jimbo18
    They want $80 for everything. If it's there this weekend I could get tempted just to play with it
  • verb
    That's a deal! Lots of stuff to play with for sure! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • kharp1
    Luxman is worth that alone.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Maybe you can get him to throw in a bottle of water and sweet lawn chair!
  • Jimbo18
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Maybe you can get him to throw in a bottle of water and sweet lawn chair!

I'll give it a try!
  • kharp1
    I had a Luxman in the late 80's that had a tube pre section. It was the nicest integrated I had owned at that point.
  • Jimbo18
    Sold. Probably for the best.
  • verb
    Dang dude. Sorry about that. Oh well, another opportunity will befall you! :smile:
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited June 2019
    The Boston speakers most certainly needed new surrounds. ;)
    The Yamaha speakers in the back are above average in sound quality. I've owned 2 pair of them. Something like Yamaha-M60 or M80. Surrounds will last a lifetime on those.

I would've wanted to hear that Luxman Integrated perform before laying out any cash. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Jimbo18
    Actually, he relisted it and he's willing to deliver and it includes the stand. Kind of a no brainer even if not everything works. Could be fun and no driving for me.
  • Tony M
    edited June 2019
    If the Luxman Integrated doesn't work, it's just barely worth it.

But you'll probably need to re-foam the Boston surrounds and then maybe the Boston tweeters might be blown and the woofers too. :s Then the Bostons are a total waste. No need to re-foam blown woofers is there? NOPE :)

The yamahas, if they work are worth 40 to 80.

Optimist...aren't I? :#
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Looks to be a Luxman LV-101

I see one badged Alpine/Luxman :o
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Tony M
    350.00 int. amps on eBay? :o

I didn't know they were asking that much.
  • verb
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    Actually, he relisted it and he's willing to deliver and it includes the stand. Kind of a no brainer even if not everything works. Could be fun and no driving for me.

What did I tell ya! Fortune favors the good guys! :smile:
  • kharp1
    Looks to be an 86-89 vintage. That era was definitely very sweet sounding. Full and ripe, non-fatiguing.
  • Jimbo18
    Probably somewhat foolish, but the seller delivered it all to me tonight. I haven't had time to do more than check the Boston Acoustics speakers, and as was predicted by @Tony M, they need refoaming. The Yamaha speakers actually sound pretty good - model is NS-A535.

The integrated is indeed an LV-101. And the cassette deck is a Luxman K-240 which is actually supposed to be pretty good. It's from the same mid-80's era as the amp.

There's a Denon tuner TU-450, an MCS CD player and a Toshiba VHS player. Oh, and the stand.

If the Luxman components work, it's worth it. Hopefully, they are okay and I can set a friend up with a vintage stereo system. He just moved out of his parents house and has pretty much nothing.

hpq1w4ncs1um.jpg
    nazcgfez3bxb.jpg
  • Tony M
    Pretty nice package deal w/delivery too.

The rack is almost worth the asking price! B)

I hope that Luxman Integrated works. :p
  • verb
    Nice score! Lots of toys to play with! :smile:
  • Jimbo18
    Just a quick followup. The Luxman integrated works great, and sounds better than I expected. The Denon tuner and the MCS CD player work well also. I think the Luxman will find a home with us.
  • Tony M
    :DB)

NICE!