Question for AV Techies

Options
kevhed72
kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
Anyone has experience with a VGA to HDMI converter such as this:
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=6191

This is for a work project and wondering how well these things work overall....thanks

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    They generally work as advertised - VGA in to HDMI out, in this case. I haven't used this brand, but others. It does have a fair amount of positive reviews. Connecting a PC to an HDTV? Another option might be to upgrade your graphics card to one that has HDMI out.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thanks for the graphic card idea...Ill check with our official tech guy on that. So the big picture plan here is to have our "instructor PC" transmit a video signal to the main projector as well as 2 auxilary, 40" flat panel screens near the back of the classroom. (people sitting in the last row literally have the worst seats). This instructor PC also needs to display to the "instructor monitor" located under our podium.
    ADDITIONALLY, I would like each 40" monitor to be able to duplicate the screen from 2 separate "student PCs" located in the room. This would allow a better visual of projects for all team members during break out sessions. I think thats it....hope I am not missing any other obstacles with this project.