Clean the refrigerator coils once in a while

BlueFox
BlueFox Posts: 15,251
My refrigerator has been in my garage for a while now, let’s say around 10 years. Anyway, recently the freezer seemed to have stopped really freezing anything, and the refrigerator was making loud noise while running. So, I pulled it out from the wall, and cleaned all the dust and cobwebs off the coils, and now it seems to be working great. It is quiet, and the freezer is freezing again. LOL

So, for best results, keep your reefer clean. :)
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    Yep
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Once a year here on mine. I remove the front and back cover and use compressed air and a shop vac. How often do people remove and clean their dryer duct work?! Also flush water heater at least once a year.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Good idea. Buy a new one these days and expect it to crap out on you in five years!
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    charley95 wrote: »
    Once a year here on mine. I remove the front and back cover and use compressed air and a shop vac. How often do people remove and clean their dryer duct work?! Also flush water heater at least once a year.

dryer duct is so often left alone...….. a simple cleaning can save a tragedy
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    I remember years ago loading a 20 year old used fridge in the back of my pickup for use as a kegerator in my listening building. Driving away down the street the back of my truck looked like Pigpen from Charlie Brown with a huge dust cloud blowing out from the coils. The ladies home that it came from was spotless inside but wow those poor coils; no wonder the poor fridge wasn't working properly. Once cleaned up though that fridge held a rock solid 37 degrees for 17 years.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Thanks for the reminder. The problem compounds exponentially when pets are in the house. Last time I cleaned the fridge I could have knitted a sweater.
  • Nesmith98
    Nesmith98 Posts: 213
    The refrigerator is the graveyard for the deceased dust bunny.