gs69x0h49dqd.jpg

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,001
    Options
    I wasn't familiar with this version, so looked it up. Re-mixed in 5.1 surround hi-res. Very cool.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    hmmm very tempting I know I have the SACD version.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Since I got my Node 2 I figured my physical media buying days are over, except you cant stream a 5.1 surround DVD A of this album. I must make an exception get it coming, send me your pay pal info please.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Is that a Steve Wilson mix?
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Steve Wilson did this one after he did Closer To The Edge allegedly.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    @gudnoyez I have most if not all of the Yes Wilson remixes and they are fantasic. They breath new life into stuff I have listened to since I was a kid. Enjoy
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    I started looking for my Elite DV-45A thinking I might pick this up and check it out. I couldn't find it..wonder if I sold it. Does anyone here remember buying it from me? Kind of want to hear this on DVD-A
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    edited June 2019
    Options
    That one appears to be the original DVD-A rather than the Blu Ray Audio version with the Steven Wilson remix. Good price on it. I have both versions myself.
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    That one appears to be the original DVD-A rather than the Blu Ray Audio version with the Steven Wilson remix. Good price on it. I have both versions myself.

It appears you are correct this is a Rhino release and not the Steve Wilson one, still looking forward to listening to it in surround.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    Options
    Yes, both are VERY good! Just a bit different. The DVD-A of course also had to be remixed for 5.1 channels by a different crew. I don't recall that Rhino did DVD-A versions of the other Yes albums that Steven Wilson worked on for the Blu Ray Audio format. I think most of those are still available too.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    I'll need to check my Fragile DVD-A to see. I was thinking it may be Rhino as well. I know I should've just bought it. B) need something to keep my sacd company. With having so many disc's across many platforms i sometimes buy doubles unknowingly.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    I have the Blu-Ray of "The Yes Album", "Fragile", "Close to the Edge", and "Relayer". All 4 are absolutely amazing.