Question about SRS 2.3 sub bass drivers

Hi everyone, I just got my first pair of SDAs yesterday! Nice pair of original 2.3 non TL with the donut drivers. So far an amazing experience! Is it normal for the donut drivers to not be doing much in the way of reproduction?

They don't have nearly the amount of movement as the stereo drivers or even the SDA drivers. I checked DCR and it is good. Both sides are the same.

I unscrewed one while playing just to verify it was actually moving, it was but you can barely tell even at relatively high volume. Just curious if this is normal behaviour?

Thanks!

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    I believe the added mass was to slow them down for added bass.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    They will not move much as the weight was added to reduce the bass output.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Pollace
    Pollace Posts: 2
    Thanks for the replies guys, that makes sense, it does look like a fair bit of weight to move.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Pollace wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I just got my first pair of SDAs yesterday! Nice pair of original 2.3 non TL with the donut drivers. So far an amazing experience! Is it normal for the donut drivers to not be doing much in the way of reproduction?

They don't have nearly the amount of movement as the stereo drivers or even the SDA drivers. I checked DCR and it is good. Both sides are the same.

I unscrewed one while playing just to verify it was actually moving, it was but you can barely tell even at relatively high volume. Just curious if this is normal behaviour?

Thanks!
    I had the same problem Ken S. told me to connect the two with rca cables in the back. You’ll be amazed..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Say what!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk