Bob Dylan Rolling Thunder Revue box set

Options
pglbook
pglbook Posts: 2,168
edited June 2019 in Music & Movies
I just got the new Bob Dylan box set today: The Rolling Thunder Revue: The 1975 Live Recordings (14 CD). I have only listened to 2 CDs so far (CDs 4 &5, the first show in the set) but it is really fantastic. I have quite a few Dylan box sets (almost all of the Bootleg Series Deluxe sets, 1966 Live Recordings, etc) and, if the rest of this box is as good as those 2 CDs, this will end up as one of my favorite Dylan box sets. The music and sound quality are excellent. There is such an energy and joy and drive to the music. You can tell Dylan really enjoyed himself on this tour. I highly recommend this one. And it is a bargain as well. I pre-ordered it from Bull Moose at the beginning of May and got it for $79 shipped (and no tax). It may even be cheaper now that it has been released.

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Thanks Pete! been eyeing this one myself
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,168
    edited June 2019
    Options
    voltz wrote: »
    Thanks Pete! been eyeing this one myself

Darryl, you are going to love it. I have listened to half of the box set so far (7/14 CDs) and every CD is amazing. Some of the best live Dylan I have ever heard.

I will also have to watch the new Martin Scorsese Rolling Thunder movie (Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story) on Netflix. The movie has also gotten wonderful reviews.