Onix Rocket RS450 Speakers

Long shot listing here, as most are beyond these, but I'll give Polkies with at least 100 posts first crack. Beautiful real rosewood with piano black caps. Great shape with some minor swirls in the end caps. Grills have no holes, pulls or broken pegs.

$100. Pickup at my home in zip 19606 or my work, zip 19341. HiFi shark newbs, $140. Pics coming.

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Good speakers!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    That seems like a Karma price. GLWYS. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Dude, seriously? Lol what a great deal
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Dang. What a deal. Wish I lived closer I might have to break my freeze. Got the itch.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    I almost replied that I'd take them, because WOW, what a deal! Then I came to my senses, since I have absolutely no place for them... :'( Somebody should really enjoy these. GLWTS!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Man this is a karma right here! I bet someone with skills could replace all or some of the drivers and redo the crossover and have some really sweet looking and sounding speaks for cheap. GLWS!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Dave, if you were selling these a couple weeks ago when I was down your way, or last weekend when you were in State College, well... I probably would've jumped on them just because!

Doubtful that these'll be around after next week (after our vacation), so maybe that's better! But, if they are, and there's a way... who knows... I'd love to try 'em out.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    The Onix Rocket series was somewhat comparable to the LSi series when new... this is a fantastic pair of speakers. Ring radiator tweeter and everything.. for $100, not at all sure what else you could buy...

cv1h6j7tuhi2.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • rooftop59
    Upgrade those cheap chinese woofers and do a modest crossover upgrade and you would have a kick **** pair of speakers...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    edited June 2019
    Looks like I'm selling too cheap. Oh well. Just passing on the good deal that I got. I know these have been compared to the Lsi's. Not to sabotage my own sale, but the Lsi's are the better speaker. Compared to the Lsi's the rockets lack mid-range detail, smoothness, & overall top to bottom balance. They do have impressive bass for their size, albeit with a bit of a mid-bass hump. Then again, you won't find nice Lsi's, even 7's, for a Benjamin.

Still need to get pics up. Should have time tonight after our weekly scout meeting.

Al @scubalab , if you want these, I'll hold them for you. Heck, I held the SVS almost two months for Todd. When are you going to be in my neck of the woods again?
  • DaveHo
    No dents, dings, scratches, or checking in the veneer. Checking was a common problem with some of the batches of cabinets AV123 sourced. Some light swirls in the piano black end cap finish. Not readily apparent unless you look closely.

ds7fi2t8rxi5.jpg
    z4icpabiot0k.jpg
    tiownzdnqu8s.jpg
    5lkmjoufq29p.jpg
    ith4ezzxr16b.jpg
    ggsailyfitmb.jpg
    t84w0z0jg1en.jpg
    t3ajykonk49c.jpg
    gshqyataemyq.jpg
    h65vmwt5zr71.jpg
    nz52a4jvwzjo.jpg
    k62oqhwbt8uo.jpg
    yo78txcdmvsb.jpg
  • EndersShadow
    edited June 2019
    I hate these are so far away.

I’d LOVE to upgrade from my AV123 EL525T towers to these!

(And I paid double what these are for those lol)...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • rooftop59
    Yep, I would buy these and replace the bookies in the bedroom with em if location was different!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    They are really beautiful!
    Impress your friends
    With not a lot of coin.
    Good luck. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • scubalab
    Dave,

I was wondering how these compared to the LSi series. Thanks for the review! Man, I’d love to get these, but I really don’t know when I’ll be down that way again. I’ll shoot you a PM.
  • EndersShadow
    I bet it blow the crap out of your RTI 35s though on that tube amp
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Omg. I would be ALL OVER THOSE if I lived closer. Go for it Al!!!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Omg. I would be ALL OVER THOSE if I lived closer. Go for it Al!!!

Agree! Smoking deal here! Ah, but a bit too far! Detroit to Reading. :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • DaveHo
    Still available.

I could meet in Hershey PA on June 23rd or Galloway NJ on June 30th if that would work out for someone.

Listing these on C/L tonight.
  • EndersShadow
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Glad I'm not closer, those look awesome! GLWTS!
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811

This is a smoking deal....it's a give way for someone... don't let these slip by if your within driving range...
  • scubalab
    I'm still not out of the picture Dan. I would love to try them out, but don't have a dedicated use for them. Where I had them in mind will not be ideal. I told Dave that if someone else wants them before I would be able to meet up with him in a few weeks, to give them first shot at them. I honestly hope someone who has a need for them buys them and really enjoys them. But, if no one steps up in the next couple weeks, they will be mine! And, if that happens and they don't work anywhere for me, I'll pass along the same great deal.

So, someone please step up!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Dang it! I was just in Philly a few weeks ago... :'(
  • DaveHo
    Bump. Will be at the high school track in Hershey PA for a meet on Sunday. Can bring them with me if someone local wants 'em!
  • DaveHo
    Bump. At Stockton U on the 30th!