The ATH-AD2000X arrived already. 10 year old Stello DAC VS Modi

fbm211
fbm211 Posts: 1,488
I got these a week sooner than I expected. First I set up the modi DAC with the Atom amp. It sounded OK but i was not impressed. I expected these cans to sound stellar. NOT.
Later I got around to setting up the Stello with the Atom and wow. That's what I was expecting. Bass had more punch and the mids and highs were so sweet and clean. Much more refined. And of course CDs sounded so much better than anything I played on Youtube or spotify. So forget those tiny little $100.00 dollar DACs. They have their place, but are not for me.
The MASSDROP X THX AAA™ 789 LINEAR AMPLIFIER was available for preorder less than a day. I got in too late. I wanted that so bad.upg3jby1pefn.jpg
3m3dq9mf4dt3.jpg

SDA-2BTL with custom IC
Adcom 565 monoblocks--Monarchy Audio M-10 preamp
Theta Data Basic Transport--Stello DA100 Signature DAC--Camelot Dragon Pro2 MK III
Harman Kardon T-55c TT
DH Labs Q-10 Signature Speaker Cables With Furez silver plated copper bananas
Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy Cryo-Silver Reference AES/EBU
Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy Cryo-Silver i2s digital cable
4 Furutech FP-314Ag with FI-11cu Plugs/FI-11AG IECs--- Power Cords
DH LABS REVELATIONS ICs-amps
Revelation Audio Labs Paradise cryo-silver ICs-Source to pre

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I've got a stello dac laying around here somewhere. I ordered an I2S cable for it and never used it again. I get distracted easily. Was a good DAC for the money.
  • fbm211
    fbm211 Posts: 1,488
    pbj4piqy3vc2.jpg
    Id like to try it connected to my headphone out on my Mobo but I had to disable to creative Recon 3D software to get quality sound to my Vanatoo speakers. They sounded terrible with that software enabled
    SDA-2BTL with custom IC
    Adcom 565 monoblocks--Monarchy Audio M-10 preamp
    Theta Data Basic Transport--Stello DA100 Signature DAC--Camelot Dragon Pro2 MK III
    Harman Kardon T-55c TT
    DH Labs Q-10 Signature Speaker Cables With Furez silver plated copper bananas
    Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy Cryo-Silver Reference AES/EBU
    Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy Cryo-Silver i2s digital cable
    4 Furutech FP-314Ag with FI-11cu Plugs/FI-11AG IECs--- Power Cords
    DH LABS REVELATIONS ICs-amps
    Revelation Audio Labs Paradise cryo-silver ICs-Source to pre