Saw the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels today

13»

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,359
    edited June 2019
    Much of my time was spent with the a$$-end of the jet. Afterburners don’t have many moving parts. :p

Our Hornets were still new and going through their teething pains at the time, and the engineers from GE and McDonnell Douglas were all over these birds. They had troubles with carbon seals, exhaust nozzle actuators, and the horizontal stabs at that time. The flame holders were also very high-fail parts.
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,499
    Much of my time was spent with the a$$-end of the jet. Afterburners don’t have many moving parts. :p

Our Hornets were still new and going through their teething pains at the time, and the engineers from GE and McDonnell Douglas were all over these birds. They had troubles with carbon seals, exhaust nozzle actuators, and the horizontal stabs at that time. The flame holders were also very high-fail parts.

Understand. Don't have any experience with any of the other service's analysis programs. Always wanted to do a field trip and see what they do. My son's a newly minted Blackhawk pilot. Doesn't do much documentation, either. Everything's dumped electronically from what he's said.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    The closest I ever got to aviation was firing gas turbine generators. I passed on an invite to Navy flight school because I was a hippie sort of. I did have the pleasure of living next to Plant 42 and then near NWC China Lake. Everyday was an air show. Grew up in the Grumman/Republic neighborhood. It sure sucks that I turned out to be a schnook.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,359
    ^^^pigs in space...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson