Hurricane Nuts - Where to Buy Screws

Options
2»

Comments

• Kryten
    Kryten Posts: 79
    Options
    Is there value in using small washers behind the bolts to spread the load when securing drivers in the Monitor 7 and 10 line? Some of the Pioneer drivers had big holes so the bolts only grabbed a little bit without washers.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Kryten wrote: »
    Is there value in using small washers behind the bolts to spread the load when securing drivers in the Monitor 7 and 10 line? Some of the Pioneer drivers had big holes so the bolts only grabbed a little bit without washers.

Yes.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    As long as they do not get into the rubber. I tried some and the little tiny bit of rubber under the washer ended up twisting a little and about 6 months later I could see a start of the rubber surround coming up around the washer. Upon closer inspection I could see where the rubber was also micro cracking and coming away from the metal on both sides of the washer. be careful
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    frlz8lc7i15u.jpg
    Chuck Norris uses these, and tightens them by hand with the finger grips...no tools required. Oh, and he does it DURING a hurricane.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited January 2020
    Options
    ddog wrote: »
    I use the same as F1
    Worked great..
    Ditto. I prefer the matching color, too. I’m not a “blinger.”

Jesse: when I read “socket cap” I envisioned a bolt, not an Allen head screw. Further, I agree, washers are a good idea.

My 2 cents
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • pitdogg2
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I used these button cap head bolts they have more surface area, but use smaller allen wrench.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&source=android-browser&q=cap+head+bolt#imgrc=TQNXF6ujPOaMUM:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    ddog wrote: »
    I use the same as F1
    Worked great..
    Ditto. I prefer the matching color, too. I’m not a “blinger.”

Jesse: when I read “socket cap” I envisioned a bolt, not an Allen head screw. Further, I agree, washers are a good idea.

My 2 cents

Just calling them what the industry does.

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/05524152
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    edited January 2020
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I used these button cap head bolts they have more surface area, but use smaller allen wrench.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&source=android-browser&q=cap+head+bolt#imgrc=TQNXF6ujPOaMUM:

Since my last attempt didn't transfer well, I use these in black on mine.

o8zk3x0ryahf.png
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,704
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I used stainless domed capheads like pitdogg2's above. Unpolished, they match the billet patina of my terminal plates.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,475
    Options
    Used the button heads. Blackened stainless from Mcmaster Carr.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Kryten
    Kryten Posts: 79
    Options
    Thanks for the insights and advice guys.