3.1 TL current pricing

Options
2»

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Thanks for looking out @EndersShadow. Mine need a little work on one top but already have rdo and an A1 cable. PM coming
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,264
    Options
    TennMan wrote: »
    What are SDA 2Bs in very good to excellent condition with original pin/blade interconnect cable selling for nowadays?

I’d figure 300-350

Thanks!
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • cincycat13
    cincycat13 Posts: 882
    Options
    hey @endershadow thanks for the lead. The ones I was looking at were sold from a "chris for $800" out of Indiana if that identifies the previous owner.

I was kind of neutral when I saw them for sale, and then was hooked on upgrades fever by the time I had the funds for them because the ad was still up. kinda have the non buyers remorse going on

maybe a set in my future yet...
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,533
    Options
    @cincycat13 Well chat with @erniejade ....

I’m even open to having you guys exchange at my house since I’m about 1/2 way for both of you I think...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • cincycat13
    Options
    bd84ljfbpel5.jpg
    0cp6e39ewceh.jpg
    bmumbl6xaxnp.jpg
    sm182eldcnl2.jpg

I get to finish my story despite missing out on the local sale. Maybe not in real estate, but I always believe there is another deal that will come up, and sometimes its better. I got a set from a fellow polkie near Chicago. RDOs, AI-1, and user manual for a great price. Seller driving 1/2 way, a chance to meet a guy just happy with life...PRICELESS.

It will probably be a slow upgrade with all I have going on, but they will get modded if they work in my room.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
    that cable is worth 150.00 alone.....
    were those erniejades ?
  • cincycat13
    Options
    Yes, They were erniejades. One roached top and some cloth stains but very presentable overall. They now reside in Cincinnati.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Did you hook them up yet?
    In my smaller room they did quite good.

@EndersShadow thanks for hooking us up. We need to do a get together soon!.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,533
    Options
    C
    erniejade wrote: »
    Did you hook them up yet?
    In my smaller room they did quite good.

@EndersShadow thanks for hooking us up. We need to do a get together soon!.

No problem bro. Glad I could connect the two of you.

Both sides happy with the sale, and keeping some Polks in the family.

Great day in my book!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • cincycat13
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I did get them safely in the house with no transportation damage or magnet shifts.

Short version ... my fridge failed last AUGUST and flooded my house. Had to pay to replace sewer line from stack to street. To recoup money I decided to "store" my own household goods short term. Did I mention it occurred last August? Finally have kitchen cabinets on order. My current rig is a iNova with itouch and lsim703 squeezed in. In other words... crazy busy with just stuff.

Niece birthday party today. Goal is to have them upstairs and tested by next weekend
    x8db7nr9fk63.jpg
  • cincycat13
    Options
    metv1741mfox.jpg

this is not a critical review, just proof of delivery and some initial impressions. My most recent set up above was Lsim 703 with a sub,

source was 48/24 various alac (it think that's the apple lossless) on a itouch to an iNova to a M4 amp to some kinda cable to the SRS 3.1 That is the max resolution that apple supports

I spent a couple of nights just making sure the equipment was working and the cables were connected. I had more time last night. my phone said 70 -80 dB levels for most of the time. Not interested in going deaf but I cranked some up.

Listened to DSOTM straight through. Center stage was good with the speakers tending to disappear. Vocals and mids were clear and crisp. I felt the bass was a little thin.

then random songs and artists. heard some live deep purple smoke on the water and live bad company. I am not a huge fan of live recordings BUT you could close youreyes and feel like you were at the show. Very Nice

some of the "green apple" Beatles songs qued in. again...Very Nice and balanced. Some Jimi Hendrix songs and the speakers with crisp and fast with changes. then queen soundtrack for the last movie another one bites the dust came on. I cranked this a bit and the bass hit clear and hard.

Definitely up for more listening. This was probably 1.5 hours and never fatiguing. they produced everything including wrong notes and feedback from live shows.