PSW110 Static Noise

jmemax
jmemax Posts: 2
edited April 2019 in Customer Service
Well, add me to the list. I seem to be having the same probably that a huge number of PSW110 owners are having and am trying to find a fix for it. My subwoofer just started making a static noise anytime bass is applied to it. It's quiet (no static) when it's on, and there are no loud/boomy areas in the movie. Once it starts playing though - the static noise starts.

Here's a recording from last night -

https://sendeyo.com/en/2c46751b1e

Password is: psw110

I tried it on an Onkyo Reciever, JVC Reciever, and a CD Player - and they all gave the same static sounds. I also tried a different outlets and different audio cables.

I've literally used the amp for maybe 10 movies (the last 3 years I've been slowly remodeling our basement, bathroom, two bedrooms, theater room - the last on the list...) so the home theater equipment was boxed up. I just unboxed it about a month ago. On our second movie in the new home theater the amp started making the noise - which was a huge bummer - especially after the huge excitement to have the new room. What a huge let down with the subwoofer. I'm going on my second subwoofer :(

I'm assuming my amp board is bad - based on other posts, and some direct messages with a helpful forum user who had the same static sound.

I just want to confirm - the issue is the amp, and not the actual speaker?

I think I've located a reference to the part - RF1137-2, but I don't see it available anywhere? What are the odds that if I replace the amp, that the issue doesn't show back up? Can anyone help me locate this part, or tell me how much it is? Is there a discount?

Maybe - I might be better off buying a different brand...?

I also see references to just replacing capacitors (which I'm fine with doing), but I would want confirmation first. I also see a bunch of references to people suggesting a Dayton donor board as a replacement instead, and even a $12 board on amazon.

This is a huge bummer to have something so little used have the issue show up. I didn't expect it to last forever, but I also didn't expect it to quite working with so little use - and have as many widespread problems that a lot of others are having.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

-edited to replace Denon with Dayton