Dell A940 Printer-Print/Copy/Scan & PC Fax
Dell Black 10Ft. USB Printer Cable
19in (18in viewable) M992 Monitor
Dell Quietkey Keyboard
Dell 2-button scroll mouse
Productivity Pack with WordPerfect and Microsoft Money Standard
McAfee Security Center w/VirusScan, Firewall and Privacy, 90-day trial
Dell Jukebox PLUS powered by MusicMatch
Dell Picture Studio, Paint Shop Pro Edition(8.0)
Along with an APC Back-UPS US 350 Battery Backup

thats all the options
the estimated ship date is May 12th and they offer 2-day shipping
So I'm hoping to have it in by May 14th
thatd be really awesome
I can't wait, this current POS is getting on my nerves...lol
one more thing, MTX-can you shoot me a PM about those computer speakers, I might be looking into picking those up-granted it wont be til the end of may at the earliest
also, people were talking about "free" virus protection that never runs out of time--if you would, please shoot me a PM about that as well...I don't want this new computer to die from a virus...lol
Also, if you have anything else in general that you think I might be able to put to use, then I more than welcome you to PM me about it
My email address is exalted512@yahoo.com and my AIM s/n is, you guessed it, Exalted512
so if you guys would get into contact with me about that stuff it would be really awesome
Thanks again!
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• pOP
    pOP Posts: 23
    edited May 2004
    dont let viruses get to that bad boy.
    -=KirK=-
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited May 2004
    Oh man, that kinda sucks about that hard drive. I wish I had seen your posts about it before now. I hope you don't have any problems with it. You'll want that virus protection on there and if you use it to surf, get yourself some pop-up stopper and spyware stoppers too.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited May 2004
    beware of the ones that clean the registry... they've screwed my system over a couple times

a couple utilities: i use "internet download manager" cause it can queue downloads and recover broken ones; goldwave is a cool audio-editing program; i use mozilla for internet browsing because i like not having to alt-tab b/w windows all the time; it doesn't do so well with some flash pages and stuff like that tho; i use zonealarm for firewall, and that's cool too; ive got a little thing thats called capsunlock that prevents you from putting capslock or the insert button on unless you want to (no more writing over things accidentally); if you're into security, pgp tools are neato

in case you were wondering :p
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited May 2004
    Cody, that's going to be a screaming machine. Very well done all the way around. Good choice on the Hard Drive. I think you'll be very happy with the 250GB SATA. Well done on the video card, the huge monitor, and the memory. One thing that sucks is the AOL, but that's your choice :) Your computer will come with a 90 day trial to McAfee VirusScan and Personal Firewall +. Both of those are great. Don't install the Privacy Service. It's just a parental control that will make you log in a second time every time you log in to windows. If you have any problem getting it set up, PM me and I'll give you my phone number. I just switched departments here because McAfee just decided to outsource their Dell support to India. Yeah, that'll last a whole 6 months. Anyway, if anyone goes to a hotel and gets broadband internet access with STSN and it doesn't work, I'm your tech support guy now.
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2004
    well, i have internet, but since i live in the country, its impossible to get high speed unless i shell out the bucks for satellite
    i get connected about 28K no matter what
    I'll have both internets on the computer, so I'll just use whichever one I like better
    thanks for all the info
    -Cody
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited May 2004
    Aww man... I feel bad for the 28k... How much does sattelite want? I pay $50 / month just for my internet, but it's cable, and worth it!!!!!!!!! I do't enev get Cable tv... just internet for that. Still worth it!!!!
    Grats on the screamin computer!
    a good spyware/malware killer is ad-aware 6.0 It does clean the registry, but is not too bad... the best way to kill those is to know how to do it yourself, but it's a long process.

-Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • CPHILHOWER
    CPHILHOWER Posts: 343
    edited May 2004
    My Home Made PC is running SLOW lately. Ever since I hooke up a NetGear hub and cables. Now it takes forever to start up. Even Norton AV and Firewall are slow to start.
    Chris
  • AustinKP
    edited May 2004
    Chris - what do you have in your computer, OS, etc.? What else do you have connected to the hub? Does it go to a cable modem? If the ethernet cable is unplugged, does it start up quicker? If so, you might have a funny setting somewhere so the computer takes forever looking for a DHCP server to verify it's IP address.

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited May 2004
    Well my PC just CRASHED tonight. I have to finish reloading. Let you know what happens.
    The HUB is for use with my Laptop. No Cable or DSL modem. TOO Expensive for me.
    Chris
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    well CHIT
    got home today and checked the messages on the answering machine
    dell had called, pretty much said "sorry for inconvenience but we hate you and we know how much your current computer sucks and it took you this long to order a computer from us so were going to make you wait longer, so instead of it shipping today like we said it would, and even though on our website it already says its been boxed up and everything, were going to hold it for you until NEXT wednesday because we feel like it"
    well, maybe not those exact words, but yeah, for whatever reason its not going to be shipped til next wednesday
    until then ill just look at my printer and battery back up surge protector and wish i had a new computer to go along with it
    -Cody
  • AustinKP
    edited May 2004
    Sorry man, that really sucks! I HATE waiting for something in the mail. The 2 weeks it took to get my MM6's darn near killed me. Especially if the website says they're already shipped, that sucks. I'd be sitting on the front porch every day waiting...:(

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    it doesnt say its been shipped, it just says its been boxed...
    im one of the most impatient people i know
    you should see the way i drive
    yikes:(
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited May 2004
    remind me to warn you next time i'm in texas, i dont want you driving over me... literally...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited May 2004
    I think my Power supply is dying. Ocassionaly I get a ShutDown and wont restart. I have to manually turn the PS off and wait 1 or so minutes. Then starts. This has happened a couple of times. When I ran Norton Virus Scan or Disk Defragmenter.
    The unit is a Comp USA 600 watt regulated. I just ordered an Ultra 600 to replace the unit.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Chris