Moving speakers from dash to doors

swerve
swerve Posts: 1,862
edited May 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
This may be dumb, but I'm really tired of having my dash rattle like crazy. It was like this before I had my subs too so I know it's not so much the subs rattling my dash to nothing. Read on to view the rest of this nonsense.

I have 4x6's in my dash and I believe there is some room//depth in my door. I'm going to check it out tomorrow, if I have enough i'm going to look into moving these to my doors. I'm running these off of my deck and I may need to re-wire which I may need help with. What i'm getting at is if any of you could guide me with the re-wiring part i would be thankful.

-adam

(if you don't understand a word I said msg me on AIM: n6swerve) I can explain more clearly
cats.vans.bag...
Post edited by swerve on

Comments

• 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited May 2004
    What kind of car do you have? Too bad you do not have 5 1/4" speakers as there may be some prefabricated kick panels that may fit your car. For the door install you will need to run a new set of wires to your doors, there should be a rubber groumet(sp) that you can feed it into the door with. You will have a + and a - cable to run to each speaker. You will probably have to cut out the opening if there is not one already there. You may get away with this install as your speakers are probably more on the shallow side.

Before you take this challenge on, make sure that the rattling is not something that can be easily fixed with Dynamat or anything like it. I actually have stuffed a few rags here and there to quiet stuff down :D . This came in handy when I upgraded my cars suspension( a lot stiffer now), the A pillars would make a cracking sound on sharp turns, but not anymore :) .
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited May 2004
    i drive a 86 lesabre, low miles so i dont really care how old it is... but Cody helped me out. Thanks for your help too.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...