DIY Headphone Rack

zingozingo AudiophilePosts: 11,835
I started this rack last night out of 3/4” finished plywood. Next I will band the ends so all surfaces are finished, and then create some cable management for the back side.

I was worried about the heat created by the amp, so it worked out to have it on top of the stack.

More to come...

zlhovxisl6uw.jpeg

Comments

• ALL212ALL212 Posts: 1,146
    Nicely thought out - Route the top edges where the headphones hang so they're rounded?
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,903
    When do you start taking order 😜
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • msgmsg Posts: 5,024
    dude, nice! Timely post, too, 'cause I was thinking I should graduate to having some fancy head shaped thing to put my headphones on instead of a desk/spare mousepad/microfiber cloth.

I think that thing needs brass spikes next.
    But not sure, should headphone racks/stands be coupled or de-coupled?

Maybe some nice rubber feet or felt sliders?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080HII18
    trvaaot3a6im.png

I disabled signatures.
  • zingozingo Audiophile Posts: 11,835
    I do need to finish the top and was maybe thinking felt.

rt8cr5w4errd.jpeg
  • msgmsg Posts: 5,024
    For some odd reason I'm thinking this piece should be flanked by twin Lava Lamps during listening sessions...
    I disabled signatures.
  • verbverb Posts: 8,009
    Clever design. Looks portable, too! Like it! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,461
    I put rubber feet on each component and on the bottom of the rack to isolate it from the table/counter.
    roi2kp9cfcn9.jpeg

Brown leather wrap for the top handle/headphone rest?
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,358
    I love it when people design and build their own things that they want or need. You planned it out and built it. That's COOL! B) ;)

What did you cut that plywood with?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Combination of table saw and sliding chop saw. I’m just trying to figure out how I want to finish the top and break the edge where I hang my headphones.
  • pumpkinmanpumpkinman Posts: 7,429
    Very nice job B)
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • ALL212ALL212 Posts: 1,146
    ezjl21b2a8vs.png
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire