Poorly made products.... DO NOT BUY!!

Hello All
I purchased my first Polk device (Magnifi Max) roughly 4 months ago and have had nothing but trouble. Since then I've returned the device twice. The first sound bar would not play anything other than bass from the wireless subwoofer. The second wouldn't turn on at all.
The third sound bar seemed to work fine, unfortunately this did not last long.
Out of nowhere the wireless subwoofer started making loud popping sounds; this would occur as long as the device is plugged in. No matter what time of day or night, whether it was in use or not, the subwoofer would just POP randomly.
I opened a support request and they were able to get the subwoofer replaced.
However, not long after the sound bar started acting up again. It would occasionally play audio without displaying video. Then on other occasions it would only play video and bass and nothing else.
As of now the sound bar will no longer display video and will only play bass from the subwoofer. I guess if you were into nothing but bass this is the perfect system for you.

At this point I am very dissatisfied with Polk products, their website, software, customer service and anything branded with the Polk name.
I have open another support request but highly doubt this will get resolved.

Please note all my electronic devices are connected to UPSs. I have two APC1500 (BR1500MS). One is dedicated to the TV and the other is to the playstation, sound bar and subwoofer.

Comments

• JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    Sorry to hear about your experience. Someone gave me a Samsung sound bar/sub one time. I traded it straight up for a pair of vintage Polk Monitor 11 speakers and never looked back.

Plastic Chinese electronics are not worth the price of the boxes they come in.

Hope you get refunded and find something that actually works.
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    oy5k52dlbdwv.jpg

Please don't judge Polk speakers by their soundbars or subwoofers. Apples and oranges. I know it's frustrating buying something and having problems from the start. I purchased one of their lower quality subs and I had some issues myself. But I now own two separate Polk speaker lines and couldn't be more pleased.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Hermitism wrote: »
    oy5k52dlbdwv.jpg

Please don't judge Polk speakers by their soundbars or subwoofers. Apples and oranges. I know it's frustrating buying something and having problems from the start. I purchased one of their lower quality subs and I had some issues myself. But I now own two separate Polk speaker lines and couldn't be more pleased.

Agreed, hard to screw up speakers (although some do) after making them so long. Soundbars with built in this and that, well, different story I guess. Maybe Polk should have just stuck with speakers. As a side note I have the Magnifi Mini and have never had an issue with it. However, I just use it as a speaker and occasionally bluetooth, I never explored the wireless internet stuff. My parents have the same one and tried Chromecast, at least I think that's what it is, and it totally crashed. They had to reset everything now it still works but no Chromecast...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    Sometimes keeping up with the times isn't the best thing.
    Home theater:
    43” Westinghouse Displayer
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Polk audio RTA-12c’s fully upgraded crossovers
    DIY 12tc braided speaker cables
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
    Parasound HCA -1500a Amplifier
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited July 2019
    MAN that spammer took some time to input all that garbage..... IN MULTIPLE threads
    Wonder if they are paid by the letter?
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    MAN that spammer took some time to input all that garbage..... IN MULTIPLE threads
    Wonder if they are paid by the letter?

They script it to automate the process... It's actually quite cool...you know if I was a spammer and all.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    In my mind, spammers and vandals are the same thing: ruining something good and nice for absolutely no reason or gain.