Rear surround shopping..

Options
Hello:

I've recently rebuild a pair of 2.3TLs with the VR3 kit, and I have a Bob Carver Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 400 ~ 5 on the way.

My sub is driven by a Velodyne SC-600d to a Hsu Research tube sub.

I -may- use my 2Bs as side surround drivers, but I have no rear surrounds.

I live in an apt, I cant go INTO the walls, but can mount to them. I can't do anything with the ceiling..concrete.

I've spent bout all my $ of the amp and 2.3 rebuilds, so I dont want to get too crazy with the costs on a simple pair of rear surrounds.

TV to the rear of the room, is maybe..15'?

Comments

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    5jr's?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options
    or 5B's on stands. Nothing bigger, I'd think
  • speedtoys
    speedtoys Posts: 6
    edited March 2019
    Options
    No room for stands...would in -in- the walkway between the couch and the rear wall/counter space.

Gonna have to be up on the wall high....and an ugly run of cable to get there.
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 328
    Options
    Would you really notice the difference having 7.1 vs 5.1 in that space?
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    I personally don't find a need to timbre match the surrounds. I would go FXIs and not look back.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • ddog
    ddog Posts: 230
    Options
    Fxi500 or 1000 would be a good match.

I had both of these and really like them until I came across a set of Definitive technology BPVX/P's...these sound amazingly better!!!
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    Options
    My question would be if you have the room to support rear surrounds? If the couch is against the rear wall or less than 1-2 feet, stick with the 5.1 setup. I suggest having around 5+ feet behind the couch to really get that true surround immersive feel. The space distance gives you that come from behind/fly over experience.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX