Multipls C500.1's of one sub level control

Wilma
Wilma Posts: 3
edited May 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
hi'

just asking if it is possible to control 2 (maybe 3) Polk carbom amps from one sublevel control?

reason i ask is i want the flexability whilst keeping the subs matched.

an example with phoenix gold it is posible to just use a y splitter of their LPL into multiple amps could the same work here?

Thanks in advance
Alpine DVA 7996R, CHA-S604, TME-M750

Audiocontrol DQX

Phoenix gold, TiTdd5, Ti500.4, Ti600.2

JL audio XR650CS, 2x JL10w6v2
Post edited by Wilma on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2004
    I'm guessing you mean the preout on the head unit?
    i run 2 sub amps off of my single preout
    all I did was run the RCA from the HU to the amps, then I split it off with Y-splitters
    But if you don't have at least 4V pre-outs, I wouldn't do it because you are cutting your signal in half
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Wilma
    edited May 2004

Audiocontrol DQX

• Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited May 2004
    Yes, it'll work.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2004
    Originally posted by Wilma
    no chap, i mean one of these

English people are cool as hell! I love the way they talk.

One of these days Im going across the "pond". Ive wanted to for years but its expensive as hell. Ill see Merry Old Englang one day though, I swear it!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited May 2004
    i went last summer...

we landed in heathrow (i'm pretty sure this is right!) and this english woman comes on the intercom system... that accent was amazing, it made me never want to leave...

yeah, the rest of the trip was cool too, fun place

stonehenge isn't as big as i thought it would be, though...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2004
    i knwo it'll work for one reason - my friend, an installer at circuit city, did one of the buffalo bills players cars with six c500.1 amps and six JL W3 subs... he ran the preamp leads off the rear speaker outs of hte deck -- in an effort to avoid a line driver and get the job done fast, as that's what the customer wanted -- anyway, he ran 3 amps off one controller without a problem... all 6 gave him issues... but he played with it and found that 3 is not a problem at all.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2004
    I actually talked to your friend PBD! That's pretty funny. He called me asking about multiple amp configs. That was before I tried it and I told him I didn't know if it would work. I know now that it does.
  • Wilma
    edited May 2004
    cheers folks, good show, eh wot. :rolleyes:

Audiocontrol DQX

• mrmatt
    mrmatt Posts: 16
    edited May 2004
    Just verifying it works, my friend hooked two 500.1's up in his truck using a single bass control and it works wonderfully, I plan to do the same as soon as my C300.2's are installed :)

-Matt