Anybody seen Steely Dan latley?

gudnoyez
gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
edited March 2019 in The Clubhouse
I got invited to the pre-sale for Steely Dan I got a chance to get 2 seats for this falls show. They are me and the wife's favorite band one we never tire of. I was wondering if anyone has seen them since Walter's passing, and if so how was it?

I was also wondering who was in the band he was touring with, did he just stick with Steely Dan tunes, or did he do any solo stuff? Steve Winwood is opening up for them so it will be a good show. I will go online and get me some tickets the ones I'm looking at are around $135 ea so that sounds like a deal for seeing Fagen and company do Steely Dan songs.
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Saw them when Becker was still alive a few years ago. The music was great but Fagen can't sing very well anymore. The back up vocalists carried most of the vocal load. Just my opinion. Hope you enjoy the show. I'm curious as to how Winwood sounds now, do let us know.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited March 2019
    I hear Fagan will have you shot on sight if taking a picture.

And I would go just to see Winwood.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • gudnoyez
    I got 2 tickets for the Sept show. I was surprised lower bowl 12th row which are pretty good tickets for $69.50 each after all the fees and BS plus $5 for the physical tickets to be mailed to me it was just under $170.00 for the pair.

I'm guessing Steve Winwood will have to make up for Donald's lack of voice. The wife will be happy and that's what counts. I guess this will be the best Dan we can get, sure will miss not seeing Walter Becker on Stage.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• gudnoyez
    I hear Fagan will have you shot on sight if taking a picture.

And I would go just to see Winwood.

But I thought Donald was a bookkeepers son and he dont want to shoot no one. :D
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    At the concert you go gunnin' for the man who took your picture.
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    That was until he crossed his old man back in Oregon.
  • gudnoyez
    edited September 2019
    xfrc21g8sp9h.jpg
    v7444xsegsh6.jpg
    Well they had signs hanging that said no videos, pictures, recordings allowed during the performance. I took a couple anyways It was a great show.
    8kenwyvaq7r9.jpg

Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Did they sound like Steely Dan?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut wrote: »
    Did they sound like Steely Dan?

Tribute band Pretzel Logic on a good night sounds like the band.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • gudnoyez
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/steely-dan/2019/taxslayer-center-moline-il-1b9f4d18.html
    They were great I missed not having Walter Becker in the band but Donald Fagen and the rest did a fine job. Set list is linked above great song selection.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Last time I saw the Dan (2014?) Walter B. was having some difficulty with the more complex portions of some of the songs. John Harrington did most of the lead guitar duties.
    [
  • miner wrote: »
    Last time I saw the Dan (2014?) Walter B. was having some difficulty with the more complex portions of some of the songs. John Harrington did most of the lead guitar duties.

Both guitar players in the Pretzel Logic tribute band are roasters. These cats were more fun to me than the leftovers on tour now.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!