SDA SRS 2.3 with SDA SRS 2 serial number plate

Options
Has anyone run into this? I am the original owner of a pair of 1988 SDA SRS 2.3s complete with donuts that has a serial number name plate on the rear that says SDS SRS 2?
34f0ubiqs4pa.jpeg
ai55ou5v3b70.jpeg

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
  • bem
    bem Posts: 102
    Options
    Yes sir.
    I guess I’m not alone on this!
  • bem
    bem Posts: 102
    Options
    Thanks for the pics. I guess you have to wonder why Polk would ever do that?
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I wonder if this anomaly is in the Polk speaker Compendium Raif spent tons of hours researching and putting together for the forum members years ago?

Somebody with that Compendium please chime in on this obvious sticker mis-labeling. :p:)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    It happened all the time... I have 1.2TL’s labeled as SRS.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I wonder if anybody could or would want NEW labels printed with the right designation for the models they have. Even a new label made from brass or SS for the moded speakers would be cool to have on the back. OR on the front face behind the grill maybe. That would be better !

Cross-overs
    Moded by Vr3 or __________ I forget the other expert right now.
    New RDO1-94's or the 98's.
    Magnets welded.

^^^^ something like this. :)B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.