mhardy6647
mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
Perhaps this would be it?

The Schiit Loo?
Or maybe a joint venture with b&o (or maybe IKEA) called the Schiit Plümbing

oxd2wl5ss72i.png
li97rhsd8bfx.png

source:
https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/custom-tri-amplified-speakers-999-lexington-mi.860324/

In all seriousness, sort of a DIY version of the small Ohm "Walsh" (style) loudspeakers, it appears.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    They already have... It's called the Schiit Rol.

g267nucme3li.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,446
    Options
    Wow. Gonna hafta read about that. Kinda reminded me of the SVS cylinder subs.

Aside - admit it Doc, you see a naked basket out in the open, and you just can't help yourself, can you? :D:D
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,028
    Options
    Lol.. Is that an old water heater tank?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    Schitt Horns

81they49t3xj.png
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    Options
    The Schitt show......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • msg
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Lol.. Is that an old water heater tank?

lol, I actually did, until just now, just assume this photo was taken in a laundry closet, and I wasn't even phased. I think I must just have thought it was for testing.
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,028
    Options
    Exactly, link says 18 inch pvc... Interesting
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options
    Flies in the buttermilk, shoo, flies, shoo
    Schiit in the loo, my darlin'
  • msg
    Options
    Hey Doc, btw - did you finish that sub you were building?
    I disabled signatures.
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Options
    You can put them in every room. The Schitt House.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    They have a new version for hospitals called the Schitt ER.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    edited March 2019
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Hey Doc, btw - did you finish that sub you were building?

That's a big 10-4... depending on one's definition of finish, of course.
    Mine is -- it works.
    It doesn't even have any clip leads any more. At least, I don't think it does...

39959755992_b83e2af943_h.jpgDSC_0484 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    Schiit in the loo, my darlin'

This poetic side of you is one I haven't seen before -- obviously a warm-weather respite has been good for your soul :)

In total seriousness (well, you know...), there is much to be said for the application of pipes to loudspeaker enclosure design. The DCM timewindows were constructed (in part) from Sonotube, as, of course, were Nelson Pass' remarkable El-Pipe-o subwoofers.

The full range driver craze of the late 1990s early 2000s had a sect that was invested in PVC pipe enclosure designs, in turn either sensible or hallucinatory.

Google search PVC pipe speaker enclosure (or the like) and you'll see some. I actually haven't managed to find the specific one I am thinking of from Jamie Melhuish's Full Range Driver Site of yore. :#

Post edited by mhardy6647 on