Duplicate CD purchase Karma....Part 2

Options
Evidently I'm to the point that I have so many CD's that I don't even know what I all I have. I've bought a couple of duplicates and got another one of these at Christmas in a box set, so they're just collecting dust. ZZ Top and Rod Stewart are used because I bought them at a resell business. Never played them so no guarantee they won't skip, but it's unlikely because I buy lots of CD's at this place and rarely get a scratched one. Mercy Me is new.

ZZ Top: Tres Hombre
Rod Stewart: Unplugged...and seated
Mercy Me: All That Is Within Me

Let's do this to get the winner: My son plays football, basketball, and baseball. Closest to guessing the sum total of his jersey numbers is the winner. Ex: If you think he is number 5 in all three sports, choose 15 as your guess. In case of a tie, the lower number wins. There will be no clues as to how big/small my kid is nor any clues as to what positions he plays.

Also, Mercy Me is a Contemporary Christian band which I realize may not be of interest to some of you. If you win and only want the other two CD's that's fine, but you don't have to state it in the thread. Just pick a number.

Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,059
    Options
    So, is it that no one is interested in the CD's or that you don't want to add three numbers together? :p (Basically you're just guessing a number between 1-200).

Next question: Will this result in BAD Karma for me? I mean, it can't be a good thing to offer up something that nobody wants can it???

Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Too funny, I have a bad habit of re-buying movies! I gave Granny about 6 duplicate movies to take home when they came for Christmas.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    Options
    In with 63. I've done the same thing with both cds and records. In my absent minded defense, records are usually because I want a cover in better condition.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    So, is it that no one is interested in the CD's or that you don't want to add three numbers together? :p (Basically you're just guessing a number between 1-200).

Next question: Will this result in BAD Karma for me? I mean, it can't be a good thing to offer up something that nobody wants can it???

I thought about entering in on this but I figured I nailed the number it might freak you out a little. :p
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    Freaked out??? I was expecting it to happen. :D
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    I'll go in with 102. Thanks!
    I've not bought any duplicates yet, but I have bought a number of records that were warped beyond playability. It's always he one you forget to check. ;)
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    I guess I'll reveal the winner sometime tomorrow. 50% chance of winning right now.

C'mon Dennis, show us how it's done.
  • dkfreebird
    Options
    In with 68.
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • PSOVLSK
    Options

dkfreebird wrote: »
    I thought about entering in on this but I figured I nailed the number it might freak you out a little. :p
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Freaked out??? I was expecting it to happen. :D
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    In with 68.

I stand corrected. I'm a little freaked out.

Leave out his baseball number (3) and you nailed it exactly. He's 34 in both football and basketball. That's pretty crazy that you guessed so closely.

Don't bother sending me your address, I still have it from your last Karma win:)
  • dkfreebird
    Options
    Lmao, I figured if he did those three sports he wasn't a lineman so I kept his numbers low. Thanks for the karma..Again.😬
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited March 2019
    Options