So, This Moved In Last Night

Options
It’s been over three and a half years since we had to put our Black Lab, Scuba down. And as much as we wanted another dog, our hectic lifestyle with running kids and traveling was just easier without a dog. But, life is better with dogs and we have been ‘talking’ about getting the kids a puppy for the past year or so. As much as we should NOT have gotten a puppy right now (should have waited until summer), we just could not pass this beautiful girl up! She’s a purebred English Cream Golden Retriever from a local family (not a breeder). From the second we met her last night, we knew she was staying with us. We still have not agreed on a name for her, but we have some ideas. She’s been a little spoiled so far by me, my wife, and our two extremely happy daughters. She’s sitting at my side right now as I type this.

p4zh735xy310.jpeg
iguer540wrv8.jpeg

She’s a keeper! :)

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    So much fun right there congrats Al.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    That is one fine looking pup!!! Best wishes to y'all and name tbd.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Beautiful puppy. I never heard of the breed. And all this time I thought you were a diver.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Cute puppy! I'm sure she'll be really spoiled in no time.

A home is much better with a dog IMO, there's something missing in our house when we don't have one. I only lasted a few months when we lost our 4th Cocker before we got another (rescue) one. My wife wanted to wait a year, but I won.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    She is adorable, I can see why you made your decision already! :)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    congratulations. Beautiful
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,173
    Options
    Beautiful dog. Congrats.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    PUPPEH!!!!

Congrats. Friends of ours just recently got an Australian Shepherd puppy and have been running ragged trying to keep up with that little ball of furious energy. Heh
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    What a sweetie B)
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    My new Zoey is running me ragged. Good luck!

awxfsqc2qyq1.jpg
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    Damn Al, get some sun man!

Oh yeah, and that's a super cute pup! Good luck, I hear the first few weeks are a little like having a baby. In the background my wife is laughing an evil cackle....
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Thanks all! We’re excited. It’s been a while since we had a dog.

As for the breed, really nothing special. Just a Golden Retriever. Some call them white, some call them platinum, others call them English Cream. They have a slightly rounder face, straighter tail, and a little more laid back temperament. Honestly, we don’t care about the breed or the registration. It’s all about the personality and how much she loves to be around us!
  • scubalab
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Damn Al, get some sun man!

Oh yeah, and that's a super cute pup! Good luck, I hear the first few weeks are a little like having a baby. In the background my wife is laughing an evil cackle....

I would if the sun would ever come out! :p

Actually, I think babies are easier than puppies!

Ken - Zoey is beautiful!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Nice pup, she's a looker too.

Um...keep her away from Ken's pup, if his dog is anything like the owner, you best get her fixed pronto. :)

BTW...they have any more pups to find a home for ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    Beautiful puppy. And I couldn't agree more with anyone who says life is a better with a dog. We have 2 and they are so different personality wise but both very loved. and they give it back in spades.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • scubalab
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    BTW...they have any more pups to find a home for ?

Tony, actually she was the last of the litter. The owner said she was actually the first one claimed, but the woman must have had a change of heart or couldn’t swing the cost. We completely lucked out. I happened to call yesterday knowing it was a long shot since the ad was from the beginning of the month. The guy said he gave the woman until 3 yesterday (after two weeks of no decision). He texted me back at 4:30 saying the pup was available - that he finally heard from the woman and she couldn’t take her. So, by sheer luck and timing we ended up with the pick of the litter!

Now he actually has 4 adults (3 English Cream and one that’s half English Cream). He said they ended up having two litters (one 100% English Cream and another about a month behind with another mom that’s 75% English Cream. I think those will be available in a few weeks. What we liked about this family is that their adult dogs are all well raised, indoor family dogs being raised with their two young sons. So, they are very social and great with kids.

She just had a bath and is sleepy now!

ax2te88nfz6j.jpeg
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    She's just TOO CUTE right now. :D

Just from the couple of pics. I think I can tell she loves you very much already. Daddy's newest little girl. I'd spoiler her too!

I think it was meant to be. It usually is from what I've witnessed in my long life. Personally and from seeing other families' pets. Some higher power brings us together at just the right times. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    Options
    How about letting us throw out some names just for fun. I know families name their pets 99.99% of the time but I had a name pop into my head. With your approval, I say it later. If you don't want any names thrown out here, I fully understand. ;)
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,050
    Options
    OMG....what a cut pup! I can see why you fell for her. Congrats to you and to her to on finding herself a nice home
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    She looks like a “ Snow Queen”
    Good luck. She’s a beaut. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Freak'n ADORABLE . . . Life is definitely better with a dog!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • scubalab
    Options
    Tony - we’re certainly open to ideas! Some we’ve liked are Luna, Noli (short for Cannoli), Daisy, Casey, Cassi, and a few others. But, we’re always open to ideas we haven’t thought of.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Cute puppy! Congratulations.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    She's adorable! Spoil her rotten and love her unconditionally, as that's what she will be giving you in return.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    Best post of the week... she looks a little like a baby seal

90gg1g137jlz.png
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    Options
    Made my day! Thanks for posting.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Best post of the week... she looks a little like a baby seal

90gg1g137jlz.png

I like these names you all thought of a lot...Daisy, Casey, Cassi. They all fit her well.

I thought of a baby seal the moment I saw that face. Cute!
    That's my exact thoughts too. So I tried to think of a name with seal in it. This one popped in.

Sealine... :D
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    What a sweet pup Al! Omg.
    We love our pups
  • mark090852
    Options
    Congratulations Al! What a beautiful little puppy! And your original posting was so revealing. Sue and I often speculated on your screen name. Now we know!

Gosh, I would seriously be interested in speaking with the folks that you got this pup from, if only it was a few months later into the summer. We are working too many hours right now to adopt a puppy, but, by the end of the summer, we will be fully retired and moving West and would love to share our Colorado home with such a precious little pup as yours is.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.