"The greatest 5 minutes in cinema history..."

1235»

Comments

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,306
    I was going to post the waxing scene from 40-yr Old Virgin, but there's no way that's getting past the censors. Hmmmm, however Ken is moving on so...............
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    After sitting through the Dog Green Sector scenes in Saving Private Ryan ..I had to leave and get myself a couple of very stiff drinks...
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    That is tough as heck to watch what happened that day! They were some VERY BRAVE MEN going into h**l on earth.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    Hmmmm, however Ken is moving on so...............

Beware the devil you don't know...

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    edited March 2019
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    After sitting through the Dog Green Sector scenes in Saving Private Ryan ..I had to leave and get myself a couple of very stiff drinks...

That opening sequence was edited down BIG TIME to get it past censors. Mr. Spielberg told me the MMPA was going to give the film a "X" rating if he didn't make a few changes, and even then, many of the veterans that saw the film experienced flashbacks they wish they could forget.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Tony M wrote: »
    That is tough as heck to watch what happened that day! They were some VERY BRAVE MEN going into h**l on earth.

I'm very sure the real thing couldn't come close to being duplicated..no matter how much money is spent on production..
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited March 2019
    Are you insinuating I think that was a "to the point" recreation?

I'm quite aware of differences between somebody getting shot in a movie compared to real life.

I could continue my comparisons of gruesome scenes but I don't need to. Most people with half a brain can't imagine the horror men saw on that beach and a thousand more war battles.

Men that won't even speak of what they saw because it's so soul stirring and sad.

I worked for a marine who held his mind together after Vietnam while a bunch of his friends under his command lost their minds ever since.

I didn't live it, but I'm sure old enough to appreciate the sacrifices and horrors men had to go through to keep us from speaking German or Japanese as a national language. My father went to Vietnam 2 or three times, I'm so old now I forget but he only told me of one story of his 4 or 6 years over there. That was a Vietcong bog sneaking into a command tent and running out. A soldier saw him do that and was able to get a grenade the boy dropped in there and throw it out just in time. No deaths. He didn't have to much else to say.

Might as well tell another thing. I met a man who was over in Vietnam in a bulldozer or something like that and they were attacked. He said a couple of bullets ricocheted in his cab and he jumped to safety and no harm done to him. That's all he had to say about his time in Vietnam.

Oh, the man/marine Capt. I worked for 6 years very closely with traveling together for 1000 hours at least, NEVER told me one story of what he did or saw in Vietnam.

I worked with another guy who served in Iraq. I don't remember how it came to be but he said the horrors he saw there were of the savage kind. He told me and another I believe who was in this conversation some of what he saw. He has a strong mind and he wasn't taking the visual horrors he saw to deeply like a lot of others do. It was a job and he went there, did his job, survived and came home and got out of the services. He was a very active guy always on the move so he didn't really slow down to dwell on his past like I have and others do.

And I have the common sense to not ask war veterans about their experiences, ever.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.