Full moon gator bite

Options
Gator trout that is...bite was off the hook we caught and released over 30 20 inchers in 4 days with a lot of others mixed in.only kept a total of 4 and those were not in good shape after the fight..all caught on top waterck35b0axmy2b.jpg
dmhmukxzxler.jpg
e4hhcp4i2cc6.jpg

gox06sp4z5nz.jpg

In the Merritt Island refuge maybe 10 minutes from the house, this pond holds quite a few real gators over 10 feet..top water lures brings them out...this guy is checking me out lol

Comments

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,472
    Options
    Nice fish. In the early 70's we moved to Boulder Bluff S.C. for 4 long years and there were ponds all over with gators in em. Something new to us. We once had a gator in our back yard in Dec. WTH :) cant wait for open water up here.
    Randy/Maine
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Nice catch bet you had fun are they good eating?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options

How were they once they were released to the grease?
  • dalylaleahthor
    Options
    They look like an agressive fish. I can only imagine the top water explosion.
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    I think those are speckled trout, or sea trout?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    You southern boys that fish in gator infested waters . . .

You pack'n heat when you venture out?

What keeps that gator from finding you as an interesting snack
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    edited February 2019
    Options
    yes sea trout a twin to weak fish caught more often up North....they crush them top waters...snook are the masters of the top water bite them buggars are down right explosive..have CC but this is a Federal refugee so leave heat at home....as long as I can see them gators no problem its when they go under that its time to go :) This refuge is one of the most visited from birders around the world.....really is an amazing place....

we8p092aeu9q.jpg
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,472
    Options
    If i have to fight off 10 gators to catch 1 little fishy - im in :)
    Randy/Maine
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »
    If i have to fight off 10 gators to catch 1 little fishy - im in :)

Sounds like a good day of fun if you ask me....
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    open invitation to any one in or visiting the Titusville area, would be more than glad to show the refuge..playalinda beach is always empty and one of the nicest on the east coast, I am a 12 minute drive to the Kennedy Space center..just watched a great night time launch about an hour ago..March 2 is the next launch and its a big one, maiden test of what will be the new SpaceX manned capsule which is scheduled for its first manned flight sometime in June...
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited February 2019
    Options
    55o6w6xt0cmr.jpeg
    r8k39p6x3qpp.jpeg

Looks real nice down there here are some of the ones you probably use to catch up in the Park Rapids, Two Inlets, Nevis area up in Northern Minnesota come fall these Northern bite like crazy my grandson and nephew catch quite a few of them. It sure looks nice at the Merrit Island Refuge and lot warmer us Northern folk are jealous happy fishing.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)