Shanling

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,050
Whatever happened to this company? Literally almost forgot owning this CD player, can't seem to find their website. Guess they are done?
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• VR3
    Options
    Interesting, there is a shanling in Hong Kong that does digital players, wonder if they went under and someone bought the name

Oh well
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Options
    No doubts to that, they did have some wild designs though... Looked like space ships and sounded pretty good to 😜
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    All those companies pretty much come out of the same factory.

As @DSkip said - "Shanling" was just a name. Pretty sure there was more sold under that brand name than just a funny looking CD player, but I can't recall specific components off the top of my head.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    The company has a Facebook presence. Seems they dropped component audio products some time ago and now make high resolution portable audio players. They are still active under Shanling Audio and their Facebook page makes note of their legacy product tube CD players. Of course, they could just be using the name and have totally different leadership now but my guess they were not selling disc players much anymore anyway. There may be more info on headphone and computer audio forums, but I have not looked.
  • VR3
    Options
    Yeah, their CD players were cool designs in my opinion, they did sound pretty good too. I compared my old one to a Rega and wadia and found it competent... Granted that was 10 years ago lol

dy8xu8gcadbt.jpg
    ux81v6j9b1tx.jpg
    v4oesmpppu9r.jpeg
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I think quite a few of us here had a Shanling CD player back in the day (not like the one in the pic). Wasn't it and the Music Hall pretty much the same? I ordered mine from AV123 I believe and the first 2 I got were QC challenged :^ / I think that's the player I was making the opamp modules for.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones