I knew this guy.

Options
gwh
gwh Posts: 1,451
edited February 2019 in The Clubhouse
Who was messing around with his receiver one night trying to plug an amp up to the center pre out of his receiver, he was tired and really needed to sleep but in his mind it was a good time to do some experimenting. Long story short somehow he plugged a hot rca coming out of the left pre out channel in to the center pre out on the receiver and poof the center pre out no longer works.

Oh --c- it was me.

I got curious and wanted to lay an eyeball on the insides to see if I could find something toasted, can't really see that area where the connection is straight on without disassembly so I ran one of those ear cameras down in there.

Not sure what I'm looking at but it doesn't look right......anybody with electronic skills know what you are looking at?

Don't ask to see my ear pictures unless you want to puke your guts up.05je07zig4va.jpg
HT:
Martin Logan Motion 40
Martin Logan Motion 50XT
Emotiva Airmotiv E2
SVS SB16 Ultra
Def Tech Reference Sub
Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    'Ears an idea, take the cover off.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Ha I did that was the easy part.

HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Options
    It's hard to tell without a higher resolution pic that you could zoom in on.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones