Gold bit missing for subwoofer plug

Options
jflail2
jflail2 Posts: 2,868
As my very technical description states, the gold outer bit of the LFE plug on my subwoofer appears to have come off when I unplugged it for the move, and now I cant find it anywhere. Can I order that as a replacement bit somewhere? It’s the black input in the attached picture (the only one without a gold rim to it.) I tried to go without but am getting a good bit of buzz/feedback.hcgs1tbamf1t.jpeg
2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    You'll have to replace the RCA jack. Take the plate amp off to access.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    did you look in the female?
  • afterburnt
    Options
    wait, now that I think about it RCA's are kind of hermaphrodites
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Look in the end of the cable for your missing part
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    I was afraid Id have to dig into it. And Ive looked everywhere. End of cable, sub, sub box, box I stuffed cables into. Nothing broken in the move otherwise so I came out OK I guess. Where to find a new rca jack?
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    It's likely soldered directly to the board, but you should remove the amp to check how it's mounted before shopping for a replacement, which are available from any number of online sources.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk