Used X Box a good idea?

kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,787
We have three kids of gaming age and each weekend is a Battle Royale over the X Box and who gets to play Battle Royale, even though my 13 yr old just corrected me this is a " gaming genre". Anyway...is a 2nd, used X Box a bad idea? Please dont get too techical....but is used gaming gear reliable? Thanks....

Comments

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,937
    If you buy from a decent source then yes. GameStop, eBay, somewhere w protection if it breaks super quick.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,577
    Xbox 360 or one?

- Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,578
    Like @EndersShadow stated, I wouldn't worry much if you bought it from a retailer used.

Like all things the private market has it's risks and also it's good deals.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,303
    Wait for a good sale and you can usually pick up a brand new one with extras for the same price it'd cost you with a used one. Gamestop usually has an Xbox with games and sometimes will throw in a second free game and a deal or two on additional controllers.
  • Yeah, sometimes used gaming gear can be reliable if you know what you are buying.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,300
    SBQ-Spam-Name.jpg
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."