Used X Box a good idea?

We have three kids of gaming age and each weekend is a Battle Royale over the X Box and who gets to play Battle Royale, even though my 13 yr old just corrected me this is a " gaming genre". Anyway...is a 2nd, used X Box a bad idea? Please dont get too techical....but is used gaming gear reliable? Thanks....

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    If you buy from a decent source then yes. GameStop, eBay, somewhere w protection if it breaks super quick.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,935
    Xbox 360 or one?

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Like @EndersShadow stated, I wouldn't worry much if you bought it from a retailer used.

Like all things the private market has it's risks and also it's good deals.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    hakeemnum reported
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,270
    Gasundheit.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    Robert tom reported as pest
  • If you really are into gaming then you should invest on a brand new one.
  • Buying a second hand can be a great way to reduce costs. You will get what you want at a cheaper price.
    Buy them from the right store like; GAME You get 1 year store warranty and save some money on your own.
  • If getting the simplest possible crispness for many games may be a priority, PS4 comes out on top. However, when it involves the premium versions of both consoles, Xbox has a foothold . The $499 Xbox One X plays many titles in native 4K, and has the foremost powerful overall specs of any console out there
  • maxroy46
    maxroy46 Posts: 1
    edited April 2022
    Sippetriq wrote: »
    If you really are into gaming then you should invest on a brand new one.

Thanks for sharing. I agree with you. Recently I bought 3 new Xboxes for my kids. My kids always playing different games like cyberpunk Taken ranboo etc.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    I recommend buying your kids skateboards, bicycles, fishing poles and telescopes.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus