Used X Box a good idea?

kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,503
We have three kids of gaming age and each weekend is a Battle Royale over the X Box and who gets to play Battle Royale, even though my 13 yr old just corrected me this is a " gaming genre". Anyway...is a 2nd, used X Box a bad idea? Please dont get too techical....but is used gaming gear reliable? Thanks....

Comments

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,488
    If you buy from a decent source then yes. GameStop, eBay, somewhere w protection if it breaks super quick.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 22,933
    Xbox 360 or one?

- Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,191
    Like @EndersShadow stated, I wouldn't worry much if you bought it from a retailer used.

Like all things the private market has it's risks and also it's good deals.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,570
    Wait for a good sale and you can usually pick up a brand new one with extras for the same price it'd cost you with a used one. Gamestop usually has an Xbox with games and sometimes will throw in a second free game and a deal or two on additional controllers.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C