Anyone here happen to have a single, functional KLH Six tweeter?

I find myself in need of a single, functional tweeter for a KLH Six.
Any of you happen to have one that is surplus to your needs?
If so, I'd be interested in purchase for a price that seems mutually reasonable :) -- or barter.
Please let me know by replying here or by "message".

Thanks for your attention & consideration!

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Would that happen to be the same as the tweeter in a Cambridge Soundworks by any chance?
  • dromunds
    Or to be more precise would it be functionally compatible?
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    This kind?
    6rld2dkyoqnn.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • dromunds
    Well, that looks completely different than the Cambridge tweeter I have. Lol.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Used my last one yesterday... ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited February 2019
    Yes, ^^ that kind, @Tony M. Sometimes unfinished metal baskets, sometimes black.

No, they're different than the CSW speakers' tweeters -- different than the Advents' tweeters, too :p

Thanks for looking/asking!!!

Our son picked up a pair "for me" (I did not put him up to it!) at a thrift store near him & brought 'em here at Christmastime. He said that the tweeters were reported to be nonworking. It is very common in the KLH Six for the crossover capacitors to deteriorate to the extent they won't pass signal any more -- talk about planned obsolesence; caps going bad after only 45 or 50 years?! . ;)

Turns out, one of the pair of speaker is working fine; but the tweeter in the other one is muerto. Not just the crossover.

Thus, I am on the hunt for one.

• There are a couple on fleabay
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mhardy6647
    yeah, I saw 'em :p Thanks.
    I (finally) looked @ eBAY today.

There's a nice pair but I don't really need a pair. There's a single but it struck me as pricey (all in, with shipping). Maybe my expectations are unrealistic.

There's also a pair of Peerless silk domes (albeit kind of ratty looking ones) listed as KLH tweeters (which they really, truly were, for some post Henry Kloss-era KLH models like the Baron) :)
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Mark let me make a call tomorrow morning. I may be able to get you one IF he has one. Just not sure when i can pick it up. (140 miles to him). The Volvo is making waterpump\pulley noise or something. I drove 60 miles to dealer today & they cant get it in till 2-19 for regular service 8000 miles before its due. I just need it fixed properly. I cant use truck @ 8mpg. Let you know mid morning
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Also. I gotta go right by him to go to visit Rebecca. She has been yelling for me to come down. I stop n visit my audio buddy often. So if he has one. We can make it happen
    Randy/Maine
  • mhardy6647
    That's phenomenally nice of you, but please don't go out of your way just for a tweeter!

If there's value added for you for visitin' -- that is another matter altogether :)

Wonder if your hifi colleague is anyone I know, too? :)
    I realize Maine's a big state... but how many hifi nuts are there in Maine? ;)

Thanks!!!
  • boston1450
    He said he doesnt have one. He said he has 100s of tweets & he buys n sells like crazy. You may know him. The Windsor seller on Clist. I use to sell him stuff that was scratched n dinged in my selling days. I will keep my eyes open on the local market over here. Good luck on search
    Randy/Maine
  • mhardy6647
    I truly appreciate that!
    I am kind of trying to avoid eBAY but probably mostly because I am cheap. The rolled up cost of the item plus shipping on eBAY was looking like more than I wanted to spend. The speakers themselves were inexpensive.
    Also, it will soon be electronics swapmeet/flea market season :) I am not in a hurry per se so I can play the long game. ;)
    Thanks again!
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    bump? :)

Still need one?
  • mhardy6647
    still on the hunt for one as of today; feel free to send me a PM and we can palaver :)
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    palaver

Just a bump and a thank you for giving me a new word. I like words.

Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • mhardy6647
    De nada.
    I'm a big fan myself -- I've found it much harder to communicate without them than with them.

Then again:

sztzejlqhzv9.png

B)

PS Still lookin' for a tweeter.
  • Coupe1985
    Coupe1985 Posts: 34
    I have one from a KLH MODEL 17......
  • mhardy6647
    Thanks, will take that under advisement.
    There's a local swapmeet coming up soon; if I cannot snag one there, I will touch base via PM.