5v Power Supply

2»

Comments

• zingozingo Audiophile Posts: 11,776
    This one should do it!

c9c94enbroa6.png
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 21,045
    No kidding, that's the kind of thing I am looking for.
    Lambda is the... I dunno... Lexus of power supplies.
    I do have one Lambda supply here -- someplace -- but it's an ancient HV supply which I bought (cheap) for the tubes in it (mostly) :)
    Who can't use 80A of 5v headroom?!?
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,700
    This would ensure you can keep powering your DAC for a long time when it falls into the bath tub with you.
    I disabled signatures.
    msg wrote: »
    This would ensure you can keep powering your DAC for a long time when it falls into the bath tub with you.

You're speculating here, right?

;)
    Yes. Because I've never actually tried it with a LAMBDA.
    I disabled signatures.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,922
    edited February 14

Don't do it, it'll cause a resonance cascade.

• "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    Yikes. That looks really serious. Multiple universii?
    I disabled signatures.

Work out pretty much the same way as it does with an H-P or even a Heathkit.

:#
    Well I finally purchased a linear regulated 5v 2.5A power supply. I had been eyeing ones on ebay from China, but didn’t want to hassle if it arrived broken or wrong. Even though this is a China model, a gentleman was selling it and his DAC separately, so I snapped it up for an ebay price.

9u3hbrdsd7yz.jpeg
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,204
    Clipdat wrote: »

Don't do it, it'll cause a resonance cascade.

that's the same thing that happened to me when I put foil in the microwave
  • delkaldelkal Posts: 448
    zingo wrote: »
    Well I finally purchased a linear regulated 5v 2.5A power supply. I had been eyeing ones on ebay from China, but didn’t want to hassle if it arrived broken or wrong. Even though this is a China model, a gentleman was selling it and his DAC separately, so I snapped it up for an ebay price.

9u3hbrdsd7yz.jpeg

Looks nice. Is this the Breeze Audio TL072? I saw some pictures if the internals online and it looks sweet. Looks like a nice layout with a rather large power transformer and full sized resistors and capacitors. No surface mounted junk.

• afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,204
    I still like Hans, Paul is a putz
  • delkaldelkal Posts: 448
    edited February 17
    fymzlrh7sku5.jpeg

I found this odd Radioshack SurgeCord which fit my desire to have my headphone rig plugged in with one cable. I can’t find much about the cable, but it does claim noise filtering, and I’ll open it when I have a free minute to see the guts.
    How's it going, how's this stuff working out for you?
    I disabled signatures.
2»