Marantz 1060 - restored

Options
cortico
cortico Posts: 587
edited January 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Here it goes, I had restored 2 of these, one is for sale. Sounds great, may need some to burn in a bit longer. The only remark, unit has no feet.

Looking to get $450 shipped, paypal as gift

It will be very well protected and packed.
lzvq7voczp2h.jpg
b5720m029orj.jpg
e2ka0etbiki2.jpg
z8if4ewwael6.jpg
hrhhdkb8dmzw.jpg
6h26cawr0hbl.jpg
lzvq7voczp2h.jpg
n2bbqe6na5su.jpg

Comments

• jonicont
    jonicont Posts: 277
    Options
    Beautiful. My very first component. 1973 IIRC. GLWTS
    SDA 2BTL, VPI Prime, Soundsmith Zephyr MKIII, Rogue Ares Magnum, McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold, ARC LS-17se, Cambridge cxn v2, MIT AVT MA ic’s and speaker cables, ps audio stellar power plant 3

• cortico
    Options
    Reminder! thanks
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Plenty of great choices for aftermarket feet available these days.

Those Mundorf M-Lytic caps are excellent.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cortico
    Options
    Thanks, the M-lytics are cool caps. Also, the AMRG carbon film resistors I added on the preamp inputs they sound really good and Marantzey.

original feet can be purchased on ebay for $10 as well. I had it in a wood case that sold separately.

This a great sounding little receiver. I thought there was no better sounding than this... well until I tried better :D

the midrange has there's something sweet very particular to these units. As mentioned above I will packet very well, I usually add 3 layers of styrofoam besides the bubble wrap and cardboard corner protections.

471xfea4h22z.jpg
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    This was my first venture into something other then a receiver. Realistic sta 820 then this marantz. From memory i agree about that mid having a warm magic. Nice work on the restore.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    I had to pick up feet for one of mine a few years back. Google search will pull of many choices for not much money.