Blown Speaker

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited May 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
i have blown a speaker in my 98 mustang... i was wondering how much it wouild cost to have it repaired or replaced... thank you
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited April 2004
    I've got one I'll send you for $10 + shipping. I took them out of my 2000 mustang when I put in my polks. I believe they're the exact same size. If you're interested, let me know.
    -Austin
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • AustinKP
    edited April 2004
    Actually, I've got all four, if you'd like to replace any of the other ones...

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • Systems
    edited April 2004
    well... id rather just buy me some new ones and have someone put them in for me, i have no idea about speakers and such, and my parents are paranoid about hackers and **** for their credit cards and all that, so they wouldnt even let me buy them from you, if i can get them to change their minds ill buy yours and like have a car person put it in, but if not then thanks but no thanks. =]
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    you dont happen to live in the corpus christi area do you?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    generally, it's not cost-effective to replace one speaker with a stock; you can spend a teeny bit more and get better stuff. what's your budget for this?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Systems
    edited May 2004
    i actualy live in NE houston, and my budget i would say is no more than $50
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • AustinKP
    edited May 2004
    Well, as far as replacing the speaker, it couldn't be easier. If you can get the door panel off, all you do is unscrew 4 screws, unplug the clip, plug the clip on the new one, screw the 4 screws back in, and you're done. As far as the fraud thing, I don't have any way to take a credit card, so you could just send me a check for the shipping, then once you get it, pay me for the rest. Like I said, they're just sitting on a shelf in my basement doing nothing right now. I'm either going to sell them on eBay and put in some cheap speakers when I sell my car, or just save them and put them back in if I ever sell it. It's up to you.

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    austin is giving you a good deal man, youre not going to be able to buy only 1 speaker from anywhere else
    plus, if you go to the dealer to get a replacement, itll cost you a lot more
    do it yourself, its so easy---if you have a friend thats ever taken a panel off in his life, let him help, its not a hard thing to do, find the clip-pull-voila
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited May 2004
    well, you can get two pioneer TS-A6870R 6x8's for $50, or two polk EX357 6x8's for $50. these would replace the stock speakers. i'd go for the polk, cause this speaker seems better-designed than the pioneer - namely, there's less crap in front of the cone to get in the way of the sound.

can anyone confirm that they are indeed 6x8's?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • AustinKP
    edited May 2004
    Nope, mustangs are 5x7's. I had a heck of a time getting my MM6's in there, but it finally fit. The door panel bulges very slightly on the inside of the door cause it hits the side of the frame, but you can't see it when the door is closed. I wanted them to fit behind the stock grilles so fortunately, the door was deep enough stock to fit it.

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited May 2004
    Man, 5x7's are a PITA.
    -Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    not any worse than 4x6s...
    -Cody
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited May 2004
    Certainly not worse ;) but there are lots of cars with 5x7's. My fiance's old sundance had them... I put a set of ford stock 5x7's in there, and I had to mill the basket just to put 2 of the 4 screws in... I wonder if the dealer ever figured that out? They sounded good at least.
    I guess the 5x7 prob is that there's lots of them, but none fit each other.
    -Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.