Cambridge Audio SM6 v1

Great sounding unit with lovely Wolfson DACs. VGC and works as should. Balanced and unbalanced outputs. Can be used as a standalone pre. Cant find too many for sale. One on ebay for $500 and one on US Audio Mart for $400.00. Polkie price of $350 shipped. Comes with remote and power cord.

Comments

  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,454
    Bump for a great sounding streamer. Getting some nibbles on US Audio Mart.
  • tophatjohnnytophatjohnny Posts: 2,088
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Great sounding unit with lovely Wolfson DACs. VGC and works as should. Balanced and unbalanced outputs. Can be used as a standalone pre. Cant find too many for sale. One on ebay for $500 and one on US Audio Mart for $400.00. Polkie price of $350 shipped. Comes with remote and power cord.

    "Can't Find too many for sale" and I know why, it's because this unit kicks but. Smooth app allows for those with digital libraries to whip through their files, set up playlists and sounds amazing. I can't believe this is still here. Love my Cambridge network player and this one is a steal!!!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
    *****************************
  • agfrostagfrost Posts: 2,229
    I might play with it for a while. I'll send a PM.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Marantz DV-9500 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,042
    Nice pickup. I was VERY tempted so thanks for saving me from myself!
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Parasound HCA-1000A, PSB Imagine B, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,454
    Sale pending
  • agfrostagfrost Posts: 2,229
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Nice pickup. I was VERY tempted so thanks for saving me from myself!

    See, if you had moved faster you would have saved *me* from *myself*! Curses!

    ;)
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Marantz DV-9500 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,454
    Sold. Thanks Jay!
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,042
    agfrost wrote: »
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Nice pickup. I was VERY tempted so thanks for saving me from myself!

    See, if you had moved faster you would have saved *me* from *myself*! Curses!

    ;)

    I’m sure I’ll return the favor down the road!!!
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Parasound HCA-1000A, PSB Imagine B, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!