Wife’s away, time to play...loud!

Ok so the wife just went out for the day with the kids. I just got done doing some catchup work and decided to sit and listen to the Brothers in Arms SACD I just got.
I must be crazy as I just put on track 2 and let the beginning start at 100% on the rig. Holy crap! I think I lost a little hearing and my face hurts a little from smiling.
Just thought I would share. Any of you others (and sorry for the ladies who do this while the hubby is away, didn’t mean to disinclude.) do this?

Comments

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Yeah all the time :)

I've been looking for that SACD, might just go ahead and buy new.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited January 2019
    I don't have that SACD, but I do have an awfully good rip of that album on my server for the Duet, it's a great work of art. Starting Money For Nothing at 100% isn't so bad but once it gets going I'd knock it down, don't wanna damage anything... LOL
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    I'm thankful I can air out my Mac-Polk combo anytime; 24-7 without a worry of ever bothering anyone. But I do have to be respectful with my khorn rig. Thankfully I do not like the sound of khorns at ear bleeding levels so there's no issues with me being respectful,
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Every chance I get, but sadly doesn't happen enough.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I'll crank the big rig downstairs when the Mrs is away, but when she returns she gives me "the look". They always know fellas! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Hell yea - usually with some Queensrÿche (Jet City Woman or Della Brown), Skryllix (Scary Monsters or Bangarang), or Tool (pretty much anything). The rest of my listening choices can be done when she’s home without (much) complaint;-)
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    separate his/hers caves make for a very happy married life...
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited January 2019
    Can you really turn up a rig to 100% and not break something? I didn't think it was possible. People normally think of an amps max WPC as the maximum watts the amp can deliver. In reality it is the maximum power it can deliver without massive distortion. An amp can give distorted spikes MANY times the rated power..........and that can fry things.

At the highest volumes think of an amp a a volt / current limiter,
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Not sure. But nothings broken and PS Audio said 100 so...
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • joecoulson
    Nail on the head Milito
  • joecoulson
    That’s awesome
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    True story!! She went away for Easter for the weekend and came home to it.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    You just gave me an idea
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Joey_V wrote: »
    You just gave me an idea

Careful Joey your wife will have your shorts
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    You just gave me an idea

Careful Joey your wife will have your shorts

Waaaaaaaahhhh
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    erniejade wrote: »
    6 or 7 years ago, my wife went to kewanee for a 3 day weekend. She came back to my Trans Am sold and a Corvette in the garage. LoL.

As the old saying goes, it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    erniejade wrote: »
    True story!! She went away for Easter for the weekend and came home to it.

And you're still married? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • erniejade
    LOL yep!!! The wife actually has a good sense of humor and we keep our accounts separate. She has her account, I have mine, we share the house bills and what she has left is hers and what I have left is mine. Its not either of our first marriage and it saves us from any kind of money arguments. I know this is NOT for everyone but for us, it works out.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Here is what I do when the Wife is away. A little Ted Turn It Up!
    https://youtu.be/2Z9WIjcEPOo

Didn't meatloaf sing side 2 of the Free for All LP?
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    LOVE those house to myself days... B)