New here

2»

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Welcome to Club Polk, and my condolences as well.

I will mention something no one else has. You would see/hear a significant improvement if you added a 5/7 channel separate amplifier of at least 200wpc to ensure that all your speakers were operating to their full potential.

Enjoy your system!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    I was at Best buy, maybe something was set up wrong.

There's the issue... Likely a combination of factors, one being the SVS was likely ill-placed and if not installed in a room, was trying to compress an immeasureable number of cubic feet of air. Moving to 18" would make no difference in that situation.
  • FestYboy wrote: »
    I was at Best buy, maybe something was set up wrong.

There's the issue... Likely a combination of factors, one being the SVS was likely ill-placed and if not installed in a room, was trying to compress an immeasureable number of cubic feet of air. Moving to 18" would make no difference in that situation.

Itvsna magnolia room with the door closed, but it seemed like it was just a mess of electronics hooked up. Nothing fine tuned. I did love the sleek look with the electronic interface
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,449
    An SVS 16Ultra shoud have shaken that room. I demoed one at Fry's in an open room, it was a complete unreal experience. Deep bass that can be felt out side the room.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music