Yamaha recievers and NAS....anyone??

Options
Hello all. currently using an Onkyo TXNR 708 in my living room system and while it does a nice job, I am looking at a Yamaha receiver that is in stock at Costco for a change. Model TSR-7850 and am checking to see if anyone here uses a Yamaha receiver to listen to files from their NAS and hear their take on it. I can say, while my Onkyo sees and plays files from my NAS, it is slow n go from a to z at the rate of 10 albums per click. That may be ok for a small library but not ok for me with a massive library. Wondering how quick the Yamaha app allows one to scroll through the files on a NAS??
As far as sound quality goes, I'm sure the newer receivers will be an upgrade no matter which one I change out for. Hope someone here has and uses a Yammi for this. Thanks for reading and Happy New Year.THJ
"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!

Comments

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Compared to the Onkyo 717 I had the RXA1010 Yamaha’s UI was very much improved and very responsive navigating files via DLNA.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant