Amp Help

phorea1
phorea1 Posts: 6
edited April 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I am about to buy (2) Polk MOMO MM2124 subwoofers. The problem is that i dont know what kind of AMP i should get and how many? Much help appreciated. Thanks!
Post edited by phorea1 on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2004
    The Momos handle 400 RMS so you need an amp with that much power at least. Id say get a mono amp as they can put out the power but be more effecient, put off less heat and are smaller.

Some recommendations you say? Well there are a bunch I like but you should first decide how much you want to spend. But for an average budget and considering you want 400 rms x2, Id pick this MTX model. MTX makes a great amp, especially for subs. They crank out some major power, are reliable as hell, virtually indestructible and just down right bad! Cant hardly beat em.

The only problem with them is that if you want to run matching amps then you have to run your mids and highs off one and these arent the best amps for that. They dont suck by any means, you just probably dont want to enter any SQ competitions with them. If you notice on MTX's website they list all their competition victories and out of about a million, they are all SPL or DB drag. Not ONE SQ win on there. Hmmmmm...
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    it's like the movies... not every one can win an oscar... but that doesn't mean they're bad...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • phorea1
    phorea1 Posts: 6
    edited April 2004
    Is there a specific MOMO amp you are referring to? cuz there are alot of them. and i am not sure which one would be enuf for the (2) MM2124 subs.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    theres not a MOMO amp that does 800x1@2 ohms
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it