• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    Those are very cool Scott
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,049
    Options
    That guy spent a lot of time on that clamp, his patience is incredible lol
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,462
    Options
    Yeah, Ivan, just happened across them looking for a joke photo. Can't believe how much of that vise one I actually watched, haha. It drew me in. This is why I don't watch YouTube! Friggin' rabbit hole!

I love fixing up old stuff, but, man, that was way beyond. Fascinated by the tools and results. About as close as I'd get would be some steel wool, grease and maybe some special metal paint!

That drill one was cool. I like those high frame rate slo-mo vids. Saw a sweet dirt bike one years back with dramatic slo-mo mixed in at key moments. Appeals to my love affair with two-wheeled things and the photography/videography.
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,804
    Options
    Loved the vice restoration, damn fine job!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,462
    Options
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    I use this type of drill just about every day and the slow motion video does not do it justice. You can run these crazy fast but thru coolant is a must. It's bad news when the break though.

What do you call that kind of drill? I've never seen anything like that before. Looks like it's got additional cutting edges.
    Specialty work? For cutting through hardened materials, or more for precision?

What happens when they break? Do they fragment, or does the rotational speed make them dangerous?
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    I use this type of drill just about every day and the slow motion video does not do it justice. You can run these crazy fast but thru coolant is a must. It's bad news when the break though.

What do you call that kind of drill? I've never seen anything like that before. Looks like it's got additional cutting edges.
    Specialty work? For cutting through hardened materials, or more for precision?

What happens when they break? Do they fragment, or does the rotational speed make them dangerous?

I bet it has a tungsten carbide tip
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    B)B):)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    The sad thing is, I've watched that restoration video already, and hundreds of others.

TySyTube is another good one... :|
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    I wish I had all of the equipment he has in his shop and his knowledge on how to use it. Great video.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.