SDA-CRS Fuses

Options
Are they interchangeable, stereo v dimensional?

I've pulled the fuses for the dimensional tweeters. Now I might have a damaged fuse for one of the stereo tweeters. Can I use one of the removed fuses to replace it? I ask because they don't look exactly alike. One seems to have a larger gauge wire.

Thanks.

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    As long as the values are close, a fuse is a fuse.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    They should be 1amp 250volt fast blow IIRC. Yes if they are the correct amp and voltage you can interchange
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Options
    Look up the original specs and don't go by the fuse that is in it (unless you bought it new). I once found a 15 amp fuse in a pair of Monitor 10's I bought used.

Speakers should take fast blow.

• Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 306
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I looked at my SDA Handbook and couldn't find the part. The schematic filed here is for the 2d generation CRS, after the fuses were replaced by resistors on the crossovers.

I really can't remember if these are original or replacements. If they are replacements, I would have used the correct values. I've had the speakers since new in 1984.

Thanks for the help guys. Hope you're all having a peaceful day.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    delkal wrote: »
    Speakers should take fast blow.

That is a blanket statement and not true. Yes Polk uses fast blow 1amp fuses in their tweeters.
    Previous speakers i have had in the past took from the factory 2.5 amp slow blow fuses. In my research with the manufacturer they stated because of quick transients in music that if they used a fast blow fuse it would blow too frequently. Yes anything above 1amp in Polk speakers you risk damage to the tweeter before the fuse blows. Even with the 1amp fast blow many have still cooked tweeters.