Facebook

Even though Facebook is a local company, I have never used it. I always felt it was a stupid idea, but that’s just me. :)

Anyway, apparently it is freaking imploding. Oh well. These things happen.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/12/business/facebooks-year-of-scandal/index.html
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,019
    Just think, p/e is still around 18 while appl is at 12

But then again Amazon is at 77

Sometimes fundamentals beat speculation
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Facebook and other social media are a complete waste of time and are proven to lead to suicides, mass murder and a host of other issues. If all these platforms went away, it would be no issue for me either.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,590
    Never had an account and never will.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,785
    Buttbook should be forced to shut down and Zuckerberg jailed.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    F1nut wrote: »
    Buttbook should be forced to shut down and Zuckerberg jailed.

Jail may be a little harsh, but living out of a shopping cart in Portland might do the trick.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    living out of a shopping cart in Portland might do the trick.

Too good for him...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,550
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Never had an account and never will.

Never had any social media accounts....

Well wait does this joint count?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,590
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Well wait does this joint count?

3o6ozC2VM9R0XSMNKo.gif
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,424

4l7u1chomdc8.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited December 2018
    The Wife, my daughter, grandson, and all there aquatince's, friends are hooked on Facebook. I guarantee that during the Xmas gathering they will all have there phones posting on Facebook.

I always give them a hard time, they say what about you and the mountain bike forums, and Audio and music forums your on. I always say most of the people I associate with their are trustworthy and that it's a different means of social gathering, than Facebook.

They say whatever and continue on Facebook, it's the devil I tell you. I let the kids take a couple of friends up to the lake cabin where cell service is spotty, a couple of kids said what no cell service what are we going to do? I replied fish, water ski, boogie board, mountain bike, drive 4 wheelers, enjoy the outdoors. Some of them looked like I was crazy they planned on spending time in the Northwoods on facebook.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    The Wife, my daughter, grandson, and all there aquatince's, friends are hooked on Facebook. I guarantee that during the Xmas gathering they will all have there phones posting on Facebook.

I always give them a hard time, they say what about you and the mountain bike forums, and Audio and music forums your on. I always say most of the people I associate with their are trustworthy and that it's a different means of social gathering, than Facebook.

They say whatever and continue on Facebook, it's the devil I tell you. I let the kids take a couple of friends up to the lake cabin where cell service is spotty, a couple of kids said what no cell service what are we going to do? I replied fish, water ski, boogie board, mountain bike, drive 4 wheelers, enjoy the outdoors. Some of them looked like I was crazy they planned on spending time in the Northwoods on facebook.

Which mtb forums are you on?
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    I spend time on MTB-News.de or rad.de German sites I got into Mounting biking while living over there.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,024
    audioluvr wrote: »

Too good for him...

Portland, Maine. In the winter.
    That's a good start.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    audioluvr wrote: »

Too good for him...

Just let him go on the streets of SF.

I gave up Facebook years ago for Lent. Day after Easter I deleted my account. Don't miss it at all.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music